Now a 2 Boost family (Rule 1)

2,874 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by pdtnation
drummer0415
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Backstory: I already owned this truck:

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2915247/replies

My wife was daily driving the truck and I was daily driving a 2011 Honda Accord. I drive a shatload for work, so this was the most economical setup for us. The problem is that I absolutely hated driving the Accord. I hate the seating position of a car, being low down, it was severely lacking in creature comforts and technology, etc.

Well we are extremely blessed to finally be at a point in our lives where we could afford to get me in a better vehicle and get rid of that POS Accord. Originally, we were going to get me another f150 with a 2.7 Boost or the new diesel, in order to maximize fuel economy since I drive so much. Hence why I made this thread:

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2991204/1#discussion

Fast forward to this weekend: After much discussion and going through pros and cons of many different vehicle ideas, my wife and I decided we didn't want two trucks and looked into getting her a midsized SUV. So we said screw MPGs, I'm going to drive the f150 we already have, and we bought her this:

And we are now a 2 Boost family:

It's a 2018 Sport model, 3.5L Boost, AWD. The 3.5 in the Explorer doesn't make as much power as the truck version, but since it's smaller and lighter it still feels pretty damn peppy and is fun to drive. The powered 3rd row seats are badass, my wife's favorite feature is the heated steering wheel, and I'm super jelly of the LED headlights and fog lights. They are 1000000 times better than the crappy halogen lights on my truck.

Just wanted to share.
EMY92
AG
Very nice!

I laughed at heated steering wheels...until I got one. No more cranking up the heat then alternating which hand is off of the wheel and in front of the vent.
Ag for Life
AG
Nice! And kudos for rule #1 (x2) compliance!
drumboy
AG
Nice ride!

Don't you ride a KTM? If so you can't act like you can't afford two car notes....
easttexasaggie04
AG
Very nice. I like the color choice, too.
drummer0415
AG
Yeah I have a 300 XC. Two car notes sucks, but both of them being 0% interest makes it a little better.
crowman2010
AG
Gorgeous!

Oh, and the cars are nice too
Complete Idiot
easttexasaggie04 said:

C'mon, that's not appropriate. Stick to vehicle comments.
crowman2010
AG
username checks out
drummer0415
AG
Complete Idiot said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

Ok, I laughed.
AgEng06
AG
Complete Idiot said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

AgEng06
AG
EMY92 said:

Very nice!

I laughed at heated steering wheels...until I got one. No more cranking up the heat then alternating which hand is off of the wheel and in front of the vent.
Same. I use mine all the time now.
Aggiemike96
AG
Tell me more about the Accord. For sale?
Bregxit
AG
AgEng06 said:

EMY92 said:

Very nice!

I only use mine when it's cold out.
AgEng06
AG
I walked right into that. I actually almost changed my reply before hitting "Post", but didn't.
caddy
Nice ride. We got my wife a 2017 platinum last year and we have loved the explorer ever since.
pnut02
AG
I really like the look of the sports

Sorry a little off topic, but how do you like the 6.5' bed after a year? Are there situations where you would rather have the 5.5?
Bregxit
AG
pnut02 said:

Sorry a little off topic, but how do you like the 6.5' bed after a year? Are there situations where you would rather have the 5.5?

The 6.5' bed is IMO the only way to go. I have never once thought I'd rather have the 5.5.
drummer0415
AG
dlance said:

pnut02 said:

The 6.5' bed is IMO the only way to go. I have never once thought I'd rather have the 5.5.

100% agreed with this. Love my 6.5 footer, never once have I wished it was only 5.5.
pnut02
AG
Was thinking the same. And whoever built my house was kind enough to put in a deep garage, so no excuse there.
drummer0415
AG
Aggiemike96 said:

Tell me more about the Accord. For sale?

No, sorry. I didn't feel like messing with Craigslist tards that buy ~$5k vehicles so I just traded it in just to make my life easy.
Aggiemike96
AG
Darn it. Does make it easy breezy though to just dump it on trade!
ccolley68
AG
AgEng06 said:

EMY92 said:

Very nice!

I was the same way with air conditioned seats until I got my Super Duty. Thought they were so stupid. Now, God bless air conditioned seats on hot summer days.
lb3
AG
water turkey
pdtnation
AG
Aggiemike96, we are about to trade in my wife's 11 Accord. Are you still in the market? You can shoot me an email at (my username)1@gmail.com if you're interested. I'm going to be trading it in pretty quick though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.