Cheap new Truck - Best "Work Truck" model

1,800 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ag 11
AgTech88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need a new truck but really dont want to spend $60K. Have heard it can be less expensive to get a low end "Work Truck" level package and then just upgrade aftermarket for any luxury/convenience stuff you want. Anyone ever gone this route?

I want a 3/4 ton (but dont need diesel) and 4x4. I actually like the 40/20/40 front split bench seat and only way to get that anymore is in a Work truck trim.

I roughly spec'ed out a dodge and it came in at $43K. If I were to go this route would Ford or Chevy be better/less expensive?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
How about 1ags pXLatinum?
saltydog13
AG
I've been seeing mid-upper $30s for a Gas 4x4 work truck
Corps_Ag12
AG
What did your insurance rule on the deer lease wreck?

I'm just curious if you don't mind.
AgTech88
AG
So far insurance covering it no problem. Just got first damage estimate and it wasn't as high as I thought it would be, but I think they will find more damage down the road.....
Bob_Ag
AG
You can get an F250 gasser XL with the STX appearance package (no black work truck bumpers) for a similar price.
mudbutt07
https://www.bbmotors.com/weekly-ad.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQiAurjgBRCqARIsAD09sg_KiV0reMJyOLXHXnGytmyyll97cpB920mLPPIx2oQNeh7WYwsM-9AaAheHEALw_wcB

Not a terrible deal on a 4x4 crew cab gasser.
reproag
AG
pm sent
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
For work level trucks, the Ford is a way better truck. My company has both Ford and Chevy and it isn't even close. Chevy uses the cheapest parts and has almost no ergonomics. The Ford at least feels like things were attached with bolts or screws. The Chevy feels like everything is held on with plastic clips. Mechanically, both have been just fine so far.
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

For work level trucks, the Ford is a way better truck. My company has both Ford and Chevy and it isn't even close. Chevy uses the cheapest parts and has almost no ergonomics. The Ford at least feels like things were attached with bolts or screws. The Chevy feels like everything is held on with plastic clips. Mechanically, both have been just fine so far.
I assume your talking about the interior?

As for the 40/20/40, that can still be had on mid level XLT/LT and even Lariat?LTZ models, you don't have to get a base model for those.
Ag 11
AG
My 2015 Silverado 2500 LT was a great work truck
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.