Tire Recommendations - '03 Infiniti G35

584 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by zooguy96
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Want an all season radial that has decent grip in wet weather. The current Pirellis do not grip well at all in wet weather (they are worn and need to be replaced).

Recommendations are appreciated.
wxguy95
AG
This is off memory when I had my G35 coupe. Bridgestone Portenza made a tire that was good, but they wore a little quicker. Continental used to make a tire I loved for handling and ride, but they would get noisy after 25k. I was actually ok with the P Zeros, but they would become pretty slick on wet roads.

So no strong recommendations for any in particular...it seemed I always had to make a compromise with mine.
Flaith
AG
Potenza RE0970AS Pole Position

I've had several of the Potenza versions on sport sedans over the years, and love them.

I've also heard good thing about Firestone Firehawks
zooguy96
Unfortunately, tirerack.com doesn't have them in stock.

I'll probably just go to discount and see what they recommend.
lb3
AG
zooguy96
Yeah, I'm not looking super high performance right now. Just an all-season radial to get me through the winter.

I'll go back this spring and get a new set of rims and summer tires for this spring/summer. That's where I'll spend my $$.

Dude at Discount suggested Continental Extreme Contact. Cooper Zeons seem to get good reviews.
Aero95
AG
I had the Conti Extreme Contact DWS Sports on my BMW and they were pretty good. I'm on Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 now since they were on special at Costco when I needed some, and I like them a lot too.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Firestone Wide Oval Indy 500
permabull
AG
zooguy96
hypeiv said:

What size rim do you have? I remember on my old 04 350z with factory 17s I could fit wider tires than stock on them and that gained me a little bit of traction I think I ran 245/45 front and 255/45 rear vs 225/50 and 235/50. That size opened up a lot of different options for tires because back then, 225/50 wasn't a very common size.

17" rims.
permabull
AG
zooguy96
I'm a dumbass. I have 225-45 18's and 245-45-18's. Hadn't actually looked.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.