Certified used car purchase turns out to be repaired

4,769 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Line up and wait 18L
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd be more worried about the massive amounts of oil that it will start drinking after 60K miles than the body damage. Good thing it was CPO. My cousins CPO Q5 is getting a new engine as we speak. Was throwing a "Stop engine, oil pressure low" warning. Dealer topped it off, a week later same message.
Cromagnum
AG
I will never buy used again because there are too many ways to hide all sorts of bull*****
mm98
AG
A simple attorney demand letter might get them to move.

My buddy went through this several years ago with a CPO Denali. Major wrecked. Not disclosed. Lied about it. Noticed after a few weeks.

Luckily our COO is an attorney and he drafted a letter for free. He cited that regardless of what a dealer may not truly know, they don't have protection like consumers. They're in the business of car expertise and it is expected they can identify damages goods. If your car was previously wrecked that badly they can't just bury their head in the sand and plead ignorance.

They contacted my friend the next day and agreed to take the Denali back and refund 100% of his money.
milkman00
AG
I am not your attorney, but if it were me, my car would be parked somewhere as evidence until the dealer had a chance to inspect it.

TitanAGGIE09
AG
Forgot to circle back on this other day. Audi CPO reading for the dealer is any vehicle with 3 or more repaired panels is disqualified from CPO eligibility.

Line up and wait 18L
Cromagnum said:

I will never buy used again because there are too many ways to hide all sorts of bull*****
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have purchased 19 new cars.

You do not know what has happened to that car, yes, it's remotely possible a new car has issues even at 12 miles.

If I can't afford a new car, I can't afford a used one either. I'm a Dave Ramsey fan but I can think for myself and work hard to afford what I want.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.