2011 Eco Boost Issue when slowing down and then accelerating

1,172 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
xRaMx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoping 1ag can help. I get a hard jolt for the 2-3 transition when slowing down and speeding up. For example, slowing down to go over a speed bump or when exiting a parking lot onto a street with a decline. The gear will be about 2 and if I dont slow down to 1st gear, the truck will jolt as i accelerate into 3rd. Any ideas?
MultifamilyAg
AG
My 2013 does the same thing 1-3 times a year. First time about 36,000 miles. 140,000 now with no major issues. Feels like I got hit from behind by another car when it happens to me. Curious if anyone else has same issue.
BabaAg
AG
Had same issue with 2011, interested as well
bjh19
AG
Have a 2011 as well. Jolts hard from 1-2. Check engine light comes on from time to time. Took it to my mechanic and transmission is going out. Will eventually need a new one he said.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
When was the fluid last changed?
aggieforester05
AG
My old Tundra did that once. I thought I got rear ended it hit so hard.
Bob_Ag
AG
Try googling some the Ford forums. I think it's a known issue but can't remember the cause.
xRaMx
AG
Fluids changed consistently and on schedule. Last changed ****** about 6 months ago
Goose
AG
Do a search for the slip yoke issue and see if that's what's going on.
xRaMx
AG
Thanks for the suggestion. Will give this a try. This makes alot of sense with my issue. Seems like the slip yoke is binding during the rear end elevation changes causing the jolt. Hopefully this does it. I will update the thread after I get it done.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Make sure you clean the old crap out of the yoke first.

Also I recommend you pull negative terminal for 15 mins and then drive normally so the transmission can relearn your driving habits and adjust shift strategy after you lube the yoke.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.