Any motorcycle track riders in DFW?

1,066 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by theJonatron
theJonatron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for people to ride with.

I have a XSR900 as my daily and a CBR600RR for track days.

Thanks
aggieforester05
AG
I wish, I have a GSX-R 750, but rarely get to ride it because of kids and work. I also live a long way from any tracks. Maybe later in life.

I didn't know about that XSR900 until I googled it. I bet that's a fun bike with the FZ-09 powertrain!
theJonatron
AG
aggieforester05 said:

I wish, I have a GSX-R 750, but rarely get to ride it because of kids and work. I also live a long way from any tracks. Maybe later in life.

I didn't know about that XSR900 until I googled it. I bet that's a fun bike with the FZ-09 powertrain!
I would love a gsxr 750. has about the same power as my xsr900, but can hit the corners like a 600. once I get enough track time, I'll likely move up to the gsxr 750. also I definitely recommend taking a track day through ride smart. the tracks they buy time at are in Houston (MSRH), Cresson (near Fort Worth), and Austin (COTA). I road at COTA and that'll wake you up. I hit 147 on the 600rr.

I love the XSR. soooo much torque. if you aren't easy on the throttle it will put you on your back - even in 3rd gear.
521_Ag
I'm not in DFW but I do want to ride MSR Cresson this year. It's the only track I haven't ridden with Ride Smart yet.

I second the recommendation to do a track day if you are thinking about it. Its a blast but it can become addicting. I'm running out of room to put motorcycles in my garage.
521_Ag
I've actually got a great beginner track bike I'm trying to get rid of. It's a 2009 Ninja 250r if anybody is looking to get into track riding but doesn't want to wreck their beautiful street bike. This bike comes pre-crashed for your convenience!
newhowdyag2004
I used to have an s1000rr and loved it (got married and while my wife didn't want me to sell it, Houston isn't a place to ride). I plan on getting one used one day and take it to the track. With all the safety features (antilock brakes, slip protection, wheelie prevention) and the different modes, I think it would be a good bike to get again for track purposes.

I'm 36 now...maybe for my 40th..
theJonatron
AG
Boosting this up and opening this to car guys too

I'm a member at eagles canyon raceway

I now have a tricked up 1000rr track motorcycle and will be soon taking in possession of a 23 1SS 1LE Camaro. I'll need to break the engine in but would love to get a group of track enthusiasts that are local.

My neighbor is about to receive his 911 turbo and my other neighbor is getting a m3. I have the smallest house in the hood lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.