Guess the damage 17 Titan....Video Edition

8,375 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Shiner Bock
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jaydoug said:

Here's a question. My F150 has cameras all over it. Why can't there be an optional DVR to record that footage for things like this. Feels strange buying a camera for a truck that already has a buttload of cameras.
Liability concerns? Just don't care?
Ciboag96
1. Figure out how to rig a cheap DVR into a new camera riddled truck and mount a card reader somewhere convenient and stylish.
2. Sell your services to the TexAgs Auto Board
3. ???????
4. Profit
Shiner Bock
AG
Update: Supplemental damage estimate is in and the repair cost is now 10,500. Most concerning is now they have listed frame damage to front end. At 10,500 the truck is 6,500 dollars away from being totaled. Neither GEICO nor the body shop sees an additional 6500 in repair costs, so now ill be stuck with it.
sts7049
AG
a 1yr old titan with low miles would be totaled at 17k of damage??
dodger02
AG
Yeah, I'm not sure this is correct. Figures I've heard from body shops and adjusters are 65% of total value on the low end...up to 75-80% on the high end.

Considering how much trucks hold their values these days, I'm pretty sure the number is quite a bit higher than $17k.
Shiner Bock
AG
sts7049 said:

a 1yr old titan with low miles would be totaled at 17k of damage??

Yes, I live in Oklahoma with a strict law of >60% damage, it is totaled. The current value on the truck ranges from $28-30k in their system (i paid $28k new for the truck).
dodger02
AG
Hmm. Interesting.
Shiner Bock
AG
What kind of value hit should I expect if i decide to trade - in soon after receiving truck back, now that it will be listed as damaged frame? I'm not too excited to be the long term owner of a vehicle that sustained that type of damage.
drumboy
AG
Shiner Bock said:

What kind of value hit should I expect if i decide to trade - in soon after receiving truck back, now that it will be listed as damaged frame? I'm not too excited to be the long term owner of a vehicle that sustained that type of damage.
Probably get a good buyoff from Texas Direct Auto...
dodger02
AG
If the other driver were insured, I'd tell you to file a diminished value claim to make you whole (or at least a little closer).
Shiner Bock
AG
Update: received truck back Friday. Could tell there would be long term gremlins. Door made a whistle while driving highway. Alignment off. Steering was stiff and didn't feel right.

Sold the truck for normal trade in price yesterday morning, and took home this

AgsWin2011
AG
Glad you were able to get out of that truck and hopefully not too upside down on your desk.

Guess it's safe to say you weren't thrilled with the Titan if you went Chevy. I have a 2015 F150 3.5 EcoBoost and haven't had any issues (knock on wood) with close to 60k miles. It's my first Ford (truck) and have really enjoyed it. I just liked the way it drove better (my preference) and had more backseat room for the kiddos and felt like I had a lot more head room.

Hope you enjoy your new toy as I think I may get a new toy for my truck. A dash cam.

I assume you're getting one for this truck as well or just took the one from your Titan with you.

Definitely seems like a good investment.
Shiner Bock
AG
Heismenberg said:

Glad you were able to get out of that truck and hopefully not too upside down on your desk.

Guess it's safe to say you weren't thrilled with the Titan if you went Chevy. I have a 2015 F150 3.5 EcoBoost and haven't had any issues (knock on wood) with close to 60k miles. It's my first Ford (truck) and have really enjoyed it. I just liked the way it drove better (my preference) and had more backseat room for the kiddos and felt like I had a lot more head room.

Hope you enjoy your new toy as I think I may get a new toy for my truck. A dash cam.

I assume you're getting one for this truck as well or just took the one from your Titan with you.

Definitely seems like a good investment.

I wasn't thrilled the airbags failed to deploy on the Titan. End of year closeout sale on Chevy's was easy to make the decision. Didn't lose very much on the Titan surprisingly, so close enough to a wash. Dash cam headed into the silvy today. Insurance premium actually went down on this truck compared to the Titan.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.