Gasket question

691 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by will.mcg
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Anyone in town carry standard tractor gaskets? I'm trying to get a couple of gaskets replaced for a tiller I bought at the tractor supply company about ten years ago... the tractor supply co. Doesn't carry that tiller anymore and doesn't have the gaskets, and neither does the John Deere place on 21/2818...

Or where I can get a big sheet of gasket material? One gasket I need to replace it bout fourteen inches long..
Duncan Idaho
Any auto parts store will sell clgasket material.

MouthBQ98
AG
Liquid gasket maker or RTV silicone might work.
drumboy
AG
Cereal box cutout w/ gasket sealer.
MouthBQ98
AG
It's worked before.
drumboy
AG
Yep. I've read lots of backwoods fixes on AdvRider & ExpeditionPortal and it's amazing how people solve problems with what they have available to them.
dubi
AG
Did you contact the tiller manufacturer?
BrazosDog02
AG
I had to use gasket material to fix a few gaskets on my 1986 Honda TRX200 project. If you can salvage the old gasket mostly intact, you can trace it out on new material and cut it with a razor. I use a leather punch set to cut perfect holes for screws and bolts.

You can get the material at any auto parts store or amazon. I have cork/rubber in various thicknesses and some kind of black papery/rubber **** that I use for heavier stuff.
snaglepuss
Go to Bryan Hose and Gasket and they will make you one.
dubi
AG
snaglepuss said:

Go to Bryan Hose and Gasket and they will make you one.
Never heard of this place! Cool!
will.mcg
AG
Tractor supply also sells gasket material in rolls. If you have a gasket shop near, just go spend the $10 for them to make you one. Alternatively use RTV.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.