Tires... Not sure what to do.

818 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Naveronski
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My truck currently has P285/70/17 Cooper AT3's. They're fine, but I intend to change to the LT255/80/17 Cooper ST MAXX's for better offroad performance and thicker sidewall.

Two tires are fairly new, one is older, and one just slashed a sidewall. I'm currently driving on a spare, and need to replace the slashed sidewall. Discount Tire cert coverage for everything.

Cooper has changed the AT3 line, and Discount Tire can't get any of the ones I currently have on my truck.

Do I buy two ST MAXX's and run two different tires?
Do I buy all new tires, and try to sell the good AT3's?
Do we have a Discount Tire hookup so I can avoid dropping $800 on rubber?
MouthBQ98
AG
The new AT3 LTX look fairly similar tread wise to the old ones, but have a blocker sidewall pattern. They would provide the most similar traction.

Read good things about those maxx tires. Selling incomplete tire sets is probably pretty hit or miss. You won't get as much for them. I've considered going back to AT from MT on my nissan, but i'd Take a big hit trying to get anything from my used tires, even with less than 5K miles on them.
TommyGun
AG
You said you want to change to the Maxx's, so why not do it now while you have a good reason to? $800 isn't a bad deal for those tires.
CATAGBQ04
AG
I'd buy them and sell your good tires.
The Wonderer
AG
CATAGBQ04 said:

I'd buy them and sell your good tires.
+1
Naveronski
AG
Here's the best deal I could find:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-LT255-80-17-COOPER-DISCOVERER-S-T-MAXX-80R-R17-TIRES-CERTIFICATES-/310933943233?fits=Section+Width%3A255%7CAspect+Ratio%3A80%7CRim+Diameter%3A17&vxp=mtr&hash=item48651b73c1

It's not amazing, but it's pretty decent.

I'll probably do the buy/sell game, and use the cert to lower this price some.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.