VW Tiguan Sunroof Issue

1,837 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TitanAGGIE09
drmwvr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So my daughter's (C/O '20, WHOOP!) 2012 Tiguan's panoramic sunroof shade has come off the track. Apparently this is caused by the glue failing due to the Texas heat and the only way to fix is remove the headliner and replace the rolling shade mechanism in its entirety.

VW says this is a $2,500 fix which is more than a third of what the car is worth. I've looked on-line for how to videos but the fix is probably beyond my means given how much of the interior that need to be removed.

Has anyone experienced this and is there somewhere else I can take it to get it fixed such as an interior shop?

I live in Houston, she's in BCS and I'm in Dallas a lot so I'm fairly flexible as to where I can take it.

Thanks!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Spend 150 dollars on some limo tint for the pano roof and call it good.
JSKolache
AG
Also, don't buy any more VWs
drmwvr
AG
Thanks on the tint idea and roger that on VWs!
lexofer
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Spend 150 dollars on some limo tint for the pano roof and call it good.

Had the same thing happen to my Audi but already had the sunroof tinted. Just cut out the fabric cover and called it good.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Fairly common problem on VW/Audi and not a cheap fix at all. I'd go with the tint rec on it as well
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.