Your favorite tint percentage?

2,743 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by big ben
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow. 2018 Tundra CrewMax for $175. Installer recommends 5% on read and back glass and 30% on front windows. I don't want a brow because I'm tall and it impedes my vision.

Are those percentages about right? My baby ( that is rear facing) gets mad as hell when the sun shines on her face.
tlh3842
AG
That sounds about right. I had 5% on the front seat, back seat, and back window for probably 10 years. I finally started getting pulled over and got a ticket so had to get rid of it. It was pretty dark and could be tough to see at night, but it's a great thing to have.
JD Shellnut
AG
I've got 5% on my back, back sides, and brow and 12.5% on my front sides. Been pulled over by cops for speeding but they never say anything about my windows.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Is 30% on the front legal in Texas?
Silvy
AG
Bro.
aggieforester05
AG
Texas Window Tint Laws
UnderoosAg
AG
5%, everything but windshield. You know, so they can't see up in my window.

Wrapped in fo Michelins
Aggie_3
Have 5% on all my windows on my truck and have been pulled over a few times for speeding and just role all my windows down as soon as I park. Never have had a cop say a word about my windows
HBCanine08
AG
5% tint so you can't see up in my window
lb3
AG
CenterHillAg
AG
I've got 25% on my front windows and 5% everywhere else. I bought a truck that had 5% on the front windows and wasn't a fan, had it replaced with 25%. Visibility at night was almost nonexistent, especially backing up a trailer.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
UnderoosAg said:

5%, everything but windshield. You know, so they can't see up in my window.

Wrapped in fo Michelins

JD Shellnut
AG
Those of you with tint on the front windshield....does taking a registration sticker on and off each year not "mess up " the tint?
Dill-Ag13
AG
I've got 18% all around. I like it to be even and the fronts are borderline illegal but I've never had any trouble
aggieforester05
AG
My truck had 18% on the front windows when I bought it and failed inspection the first time I took it in. Had to peel off a really nice tint job and haven't had time to take it and get it replaced.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Drifter. said:

Those of you with tint on the front windshield....does taking a registration sticker on and off each year not "mess up " the tint?
Always leave a corner edge folded over or unstuck.

Get glass hot on the outside with a hairdryer or heat gun and it comes off easily.
Aggie_3
aggieforester05 said:

My truck had 18% on the front windows when I bought it and failed inspection the first time I took it in. Had to peel off a really nice tint job and haven't had time to take it and get it replaced.

Call most custom car shops and they'll give you recommendations on where to take so pass
FTAco07
AG
You can get a static cling sheet and put the sticker on that so only the static holds it on the window. I have 25% all around with just a clear UV film on the windshield because I like being able to see at night and don't like the look of different tint on a car's front/back windows.
cz308
5% all around and a 5% brow. I'm over 6' tall and I love it.
cav14
Since we are on tint, apparently the best type of tint to get is ceramic. I have quotes around $350-$450 to do all 4 windows plus back. Wondering if Ceramic tint is worth it or I should be fine with the cheaper tints.
BeastmodeAg
AG
Got double 5 all around my crew cab GMC Sierra. Can't see up in my windows
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
cav14 said:

Since we are on tint, apparently the best type of tint to get is ceramic. I have quotes around $350-$450 to do all 4 windows plus back. Wondering if Ceramic tint is worth it or I should be fine with the cheaper tints.
Depends on how often you're in the car, what kind of car it is etc.

If youre a traveling salesman and your car is your office, maybe spend the extra.

Or if its a super high end car, then yes.
schmendeler
AG
Drifter. said:

I don't put it up. Try that?
The Dog Lord
AG
Drifter. said:

Have heard good things about Sticker Sheild.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01466E24S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5GaXBbJYPMA07
Sazerac
AG
It comes right off. Just don't use a razor.
big ben
AG
5% all around except windshield. Received a tint ticket probably 14 years ago, paid the fine and moved on, its worth it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.