Diverging Diamond Interchange - FM60 & 2818

3,828 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Centerpole90
Flaith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JSKolache said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Seems like a lot of work to avoid a round about
Or a cloverleaf. Old school clovers seem to work fine.
Yep, but they take way more land, and modifying an existing diamond in to a cloverleaf is way more expensive.
mrad85
AG
I drive it every day going to and leaving CS. I've never sat longer than a minute. I'm sure once it is finished, that time might even be less.
At first, I was "wtf is this", but it's definitely better than the death trap that used to exist.
Aggieangler93
AG
I will agree that the no right on red, sucks. But, overall, if it ends up being safer, I am for it.

What I hate seeing are the people who come through it the first time, and it's a crap shoot if they actually get it right. This scares the hell out of me with 2 teens on the road soon.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
tk for tu juan
The schematic drawing posted on the first page show the ramps/right turns from 2818 to FM60 going to dedicated lanes so you do not have to stop. Once they finish construction that should still be the case, unless they revised it after schematic drawing
mAgnoliAg
AG
Why can't they just do a loop when you go over the overpass going west on 60 then south on 2818 and the same for east going north? It would be an exit right so no backup in a turn lane
Centerpole90
AG
I guess I'm missing something. I don't see anywhere on the diagram that a right turn is held up by a signal. Is this a reference to another DDI?
JAW3336
AG
Centerpole90 said:

I guess I'm missing something. I don't see anywhere on the diagram that a right turn is held up by a signal. Is this a reference to another DDI?
probably referencing me complaining about the DDI in Round Rock at 35 and 1431
Centerpole90
AG
Gotcha.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.