two questions regarding leveling kit and paint sealant

1,061 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
gonemaroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bought a 17 F250 and had Toyo open country's MT on the stock rims. Rides extremely stiff - I only leveled the truck - do I need different suspension?

Second - paint care, anyone recommend a sealant or wax to use that will do what it's supposed to?
Silvy
AG
Depends on leveling kit used, could be the tires.
Deats99
AG
I put a leveling kit on my tundra this past spring. 3"in front and 2" in back. Insignificant ride change. Now I went from a 30" stock tire to 34.5" off-road tire a month ago and wow, there is my difference.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
Garrelli 5000
AG
Chemical Guys Jet Seal

I applied this to both vehicles in May. So far so good. When i wash the car it definitely has a better shine than if I washed only and hadn't applied any type of wax.

Warning - it says leave it on 15 minutes to cure - don't go much longer to remove. I put it all over my wife's car and almost cried when I went to rub it off and realized it wasn't nearly as simple as removing wax. Granted I'd already washed, clay barred, and used CG blacklight, so my arms were tired.

When I did my Tundra I added/removed in sections, so it never sat longer 20 minutes.
Take the trash out staff.
MouthBQ98
AG
Larger heavier tires with thicker sidewalls and treads will ride rougher and if you run them at typical E load pressures on a 3/4 ton truck, they will be stiff.

Unless you changed leafs and spring lengths or stiffness, or compressed your springs, the suspension itself won't be the issue.

Weight matters a lot too. You go from 40lb of wheel and tire to 55lb of wheel and tire, it has more inertia and takes longer to react to bumps and to move up and down with the suspension, leading to a stiffer ride.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Did you actually do a leveling kit with springs and shocks or the ghetto way with pucks/spacers?
TXCIGAR
AG
What did you have before your F250? I have the same setup but went from a Ram 1500 to the F250 so it was completely different feel for me, but it doesn't seem to be overly stiff or rough. I do run my tires about 5 lbs less then what the door recommends.

Chemical Guys make some awesome stuff. I have also been looking at getting a ceramic coat, Anything Painted in College Station seems to do a good job.
PFG
AG
Quote:

A leveling kit with springs and shocks or the ghetto way with pucks/spacers?

I've always wondered about the difference in ride quality between these 2 options. A lot of places offer really short pucks - 1.5 to 2.5 inches. Even with this small of puck, would you expect to see a reduction in ride quality? Most places around me sell the ReadyLift 2 inch pucks for the 2017 F250. I don't see a reason to increase tire size with that small of a lift - but does ride quality diminish?

The spring and shock upgrade kits are $$$$, and I'd assume there is a reason for that.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
PFG said:

Quote:

A leveling kit with springs and shocks or the ghetto way with pucks/spacers?

I've always wondered about the difference in ride quality between these 2 options. A lot of places offer really short pucks - 1.5 to 2.5 inches. Even with this small of puck, would you expect to see a reduction in ride quality? Most places around me sell the ReadyLift 2 inch pucks for the 2017 F250. I don't see a reason to increase tire size with that small of a lift - but does ride quality diminish?

The spring and shock upgrade kits are $$$$, and I'd assume there is a reason for that.
Just personal preference, but I dont trust my life to a 'puck' or spacer to carry my 6000lb truck down the road with myself/loved ones inside.

The bilstein 5100 for my SD was 321 dollars shipped. Two new coil springs, two 5100 shocks. Picked up the rears as an Amazon Warehouse deal for 68 each.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.