2017 jeep gc overland

1,153 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sodycracker
DantheAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any thoughts on this vehicle? Looking at buying one with 12000 miles. Has the 6 cylinder. Seen lots of positive reviews but I have never owned a jeep. How is the ride? How is reliability?
MouthBQ98
AG
I've seen the GC built up pretty well and it does well on trails. It is a Chrysler product, but they basically put that same engine in the JK, right?
green7
Have a 2013 limited optioned out as basically an overland. Also the 6 cyl. Not sure what has changed from 13-17 but ours has been reliable. Drives nice and gets good mileage. Don't expect a ton of power but gets up and goes well. The only annoyance for me is the number of recalls. I feel like it is at the dealer a few times a year for recalls. To some it is not a big deal but I do all my own maintenance so it is a PIA for myself.

Rides well on the highway and is pretty quiet. We have 50k on ours now. Only have done oil changes and tires.
K Bo
AG
My wife had a '13 Overland and now has an '18 Summit. Recalls aside she's never had any issues with the '13, other than running in to sh*t. The ride in the Overland was pretty comfortable and the fit and finish was much better than I would have anticipated, at the time, for a Jeep vehicle. I believe her Overland had the 6 cylinder in it and it was more than capable for standard daily driving. Her 2018 is much better across the board.
htownag99
AG
I have a '16 Limited II, which is basically the overland, minus the leather dash and a few other small things. I bought it new in 2016, and now have over 36K miles that have been problem free. We too have had the few recalls, but not a big deal. It drives great and is comfortable ad quiet on the highway.
Noblemen06
AG
My wife drives a '16 GC Overland optioned out - it's a great vehicle aside from one issue in the liftgate that continues to annoy us (something clicking back there that Jeep has yet to fix after a couple of trips to the shop). I really appreciate the suspension that we can lower for my parents to get in/get out and the bells & whistles truly spoil us. I was honestly shocked at how nice it was compared to what I expected out of a Jeep product.

Compared to my Wrangler, it rides like a dream, but just about everything would...
TSJ
AG
I opened this thinking you were doing an overland build on a Grand Cherokee. Forgot it was a trim package.
sodycracker
AG
My 2013 overland has 160,000 miles with virtually no problems. I recommend it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.