Talk to me about Armadas

3,889 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ogre09
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And don't try to sail one around England.
crowman2010
AG
1939 said:

We had a 2011 Platinum. Engine was solid, interior was nice, third row is full size and folds flat. Did not do corners very good and the ride on bumpy roads was not great. That being said a similarly equipped Tahoe is not worth 15k more.
I don't think the Tahoe is the same class as the Armada. Seems to me the Armada/QX80 have more storage space in the back than the Tahoes, so I would adjust that to "Suburban".
Flaith
AG
no, they definitely compete. The Tahoe is just overpriced, has smaller cargo volume, and has a useless 3rd row seat.
crowman2010
AG
Fully agree with you after I finally went and saw a new Armada this weekend...almost no cargo room.

I'm thinking I may just put her in a new Traverse instead. Way more cargo space in the back, and still get the option for up to 7 person seating.

And its way cheaper
schmendeler
AG
obligatory minivan suggestion
crowman2010
AG
obligatory: NOPE
schmendeler
AG
crowman2010 said:

obligatory: NOPE
you're already there with a car based SUV. why not make it worthwhile and get sliding doors?
crowman2010
AG
Its called: Wife won't drive it.
drumboy
AG
crowman2010 said:

1939 said:

We had a 2011 Platinum. Engine was solid, interior was nice, third row is full size and folds flat. Did not do corners very good and the ride on bumpy roads was not great. That being said a similarly equipped Tahoe is not worth 15k more.
I don't think the Tahoe is the same class as the Armada. Seems to me the Armada/QX80 have more storage space in the back than the Tahoes, so I would adjust that to "Suburban".
Nope. In my wife's QX if we're going on a road trip and need the third row up I have to slap on the hitch cargo carrier cause you can't fit much of anything behind the back seat.
Ogre09
AG
texsn95 said:

Over the years we've had an 08, 12 and currently have a 14 Armada Platinum. The only issue we've ever had with them was the ~2.5 year life of the battery. Oh and a broken sunvisor-mirror lid on the current one. As stated, they are kind of tankish and boxy, and get about 14 in the city, but we needed the 2nd row bench, along with the fold-flat 3rd row seats, so that really limited our options.

Expedition...

Sequoia...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.