Anyone buy a new Avalon?

1,580 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SA-AG72
TXAGFAN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aside from the massive grill, I'm looking long and hard at these. Anyone buy one? Guidance on sticker price vs actual amount paid?
sts7049
AG
aren't a whole lot of 80yr olds on this board
TXAGFAN
AG
I know. My parents have had them for years and they are great cars. Ugh, why am I so boring. Clearly it's genetic.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
The interior seems like its trying too hard to be blingy and just looks like JC Whitney and Autozone instead.

That being said, I'm sure they worked hard to keep their core value of a living room interior, isolation from the outside, and ample power and a floaty ride.

If I didn't have so many customers that pay attention to me driving 'murican cars and the crappy roads of backwoods Louisiana, I'd consider one. For now a boost F150 fits the bill nicely.
JAW3336
AG
Let the haters hate

I have an 06 Avalon with 260k miles and now a 14 hybrid avalon with 72k miles and love them both.

I look forward to replacing the 06 with a 19 in 2-3 years.
Txanon
get a ES, they're heavily discounted
BlueSmoke
Great cars. Safe. Sound. Reliable. They are what they are.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
SA-AG72
AG
With any upgrades you might as well buy the Lexus equivalent and get better service at a Lexus dealership. Just a thought.
TXAGFAN
AG
SA-AG72 said:

With any upgrades you might as well buy the Lexus equivalent and get better service at a Lexus dealership. Just a thought.
Dumb question...what is the lexus equivalent for the larger sedan?
JAW3336
AG
SA-AG72 said:

Only while under warranty, after that repair costs will go up.
Corps_Ag12
AG
ES
nonameag99
Corps_Ag12 said:

ES
I think ES = Camry and GS = Avalon
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
JSKolache
AG
Interiors are bleeding edge for Toyota ha. My folks are on their third - it's a 2016 off-rental from Enterprise. They put 300k+ each on their first two, so weren't bothered at all by a one-year old with 20k-ish miles.
Corps_Ag12
AG
nonameag99 said:

Corps_Ag12 said:

ES

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/2019-lexus-es-versus-2019-toyota-avalonwhich-is-better-ar181447.amp.html

Quote:

Unsurprisingly, the 2019 Lexus ES and 2019 Toyota Avalon share the same basic chassis underneath the skin. Lexus calls it GA-K, or Global Architecture-K, while Toyota calls it TNGA K, or Toyota New Global Architecture K, and both are the result of the automaker's latest move to a modular platform production strategy. Both get loads of strength-enhancing features and lower weight, and while there are a few small differences (the Lexus, for example, comes with a extra bits of bracing here and there), GA-K and TNGA K are more or less identical.

GoneGirl
AG
I looked at one but the center consol was hideous.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
nonameag99 said:

Corps_Ag12 said:

ES
GS is also RWD and much sportier than the ES.

The LS is the flagship.
GTBullitt68
AG
ES F-sport? Really tempted to buy when those were released but didn't have time to wait. Should come out end of next month
TMfrisco
AG
My wife and I are the outliers. We were exposed to the Avalon when my wife ran some events sponsored by Toyota in the late 90's and early 00s. We bought our first one in '97, then another in 01. Had a child and thought we wanted an SUV. Found with one kid, a roomy sedan worked just fine for us. Bought another in 06 and the latest in 14. There was a Hybrid Camry in between the last 2 - we just didn't like it much, but gas prices were high and she drives a lot.
We loved every last one of them. For us, the comfort, mileage, features, cost and reliability have been great. The wife gets to rent enough cars that she gets to drive something sportier when she wants to. But, for eating up the highway, the Avalon is hard to beat.
The daughter just turned 15 and will get the 14 Avalon next July as her first car and I have no qualms about her driving it. We have never had even a minor repair on any of the previous cars. We kept the 06 for about 150K miles and the 14 will have around 100K when the daughter gets it.

The wife, as she hits 50 next year (told you we were the outliers), may want something different at that time, but the new one will certainly get a long look.
SA-AG72
AG
TXAGFAN said:

SA-AG72 said:

Dumb question...what is the lexus equivalent for the larger sedan?

Lexus ES 350
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.