Best place to find obscure auto parts

1,150 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggieforester05
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello, we have an 83 toyota pickup that has been parked for a few years and we're now ready to get it back into service. While going to change a flat, we discovered that the tire change kit (maybe not the accurate name for it) is missing a rod so we can't lower the spare. Does anyone know which site would be best for finding this? Thanks.

tl;dr- 83 toy p/u, need tire change kit which is missing a rod so we cannot lower the spare. Where to find new to us kit?
BrazosDog02
AG
eBay ?
Jason Ag
AG
https://www.rockauto.com

Not sure if they have it, have you checked here? I've bought here, as others here have, seems like a good company.

After a quick look didn't see it. Ebay may be the way to go.
bearamedic99
AG
thanks. I'll check back later for any other replies.
a07nathanb
AG
If it is running I'd say go have flat fixed, drive to tire store have them lower spare. Then keep spare in the bed.

If you really need spare down cut cable. Then keep spare in bed. It can be a pain when loading stuff but easier and cheaper than searching for 35 year old rare parts
akaggie05
AG
Do you really need the original tool? Would a 3/8" socket extension, or similar with whatever specific socket type work instead?
bearamedic99
AG
thanks guys
will.mcg
AG
Junk yard or make your own tool. I made one out of some rebar & a socket welded to the end.
TexAg1987
Is it the one with the pin?

https://www.tooltopia.com/steelman-96092.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&adpos=1o2&scid=scplpSTE96092&sc_intid=STE96092&gclid=CjwKCAjw2MTbBRASEiwAdYIpsROEGNez17OA3HybOpsLPIgkbgDqGVbLOR34jlVO1fftXygrzw1hlhoCIIoQAvD_BwE

aggieforester05
AG
I have an '84 Honda ATC 250R three wheeler and I can typically find any part I need on ebay.
Centerpole90
AG
If you know of a 200X engine or a rebuildable 200x core keep me in mind. Ours had a spectacular failure last month.
aggieforester05
AG
Centerpole90 said:

If you know of a 200X engine or a rebuildable 200x core keep me in mind. Ours had a spectacular failure last month.
My 250R is sitting with a frozen motor right now. I found a Hondaline 300 motor on ebay for $350, but it was unknown condition. They usually go for $900 - $1,200 since they aren't made anymore and parts are scarce. I bought it and opened it up. Everything looks good, but we'll see how she runs if and when I get the time to put it all back together.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.