Volkswagen emissions cheating scandal on Netflix

1,496 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by water turkey
rynning
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I posted on this on the Entertainment forum a while ago and nobody responded, so maybe I should have posted it here. In fact, there was related arrest just last week: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-emissions-stadler/head-of-vws-audi-arrested-in-germany-over-diesel-scandal-idUSKBN1JE0R3

Thoughts from the Automotive regulars?

---------

I watched the first episode of the Netflix series Dirty Money about the Volkswagen emissions cheating scandal and thought it was well done and very interesting. I was only vaguely aware of what VW had done. Some of it was jaw-dropping. They not only cheated, they lied, doubled-down on their cheating, lied some more, and six executives went to prison.

It's still pretty fresh. Some of the documented events happened less than a year ago.

I do wonder if the video of monkeys gasping for breath inside a glass box while being fed diesel exhaust was real or a re-enactment...
tailgatetimer10
AG
And their CEO is evading American criminal law by sitting in Europe where he knows they would never extradite...
easttexasaggie04
AG
What's the show called so I can watch?
Silvy
AG
My guess is it's the 'Dirty Money' show
rynning
AG
Sorry! It's the first episode of the Netflix series Dirty Money.
TX scallywAG
AG
Here's a great episode of the Stuff They Don't Want You Know podcast on the subject. Enjoy!

The Great Volkswagen Cover-up
APR 18, 2018
https://www.stufftheydontwantyoutoknow.com/podcasts/the-great-volkswagen-cover-up-with-scott-benjamin.htm
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
Ag for Life
AG
Just watched it... meh

Interesting story with how Vdub cheated, but the presentation was way too dramatic. I had flashbacks to acid rain and clear cutting the rainforests doom and gloom when I was growing up.

The monkey part was obviously a reenactment.
schmendeler
AG
VW
aTm papi
schmendeler said:

VW
water turkey
I drove from Colorado Springs to Pueblo the other week and just south of Colorado Springs is an old race track that is a dumping ground for VW's and some Audi's that were returned to the dealers or never sold. A couple of thousand cars.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.