Had truck 11 days - rear ended already

1,674 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Some Junkie Cosmonaut
GigEmAgs14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hate people. Stopped at a stop sign and get rear ended by a lady texting and driving.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I've been there and I feel for ya... royally sucks in that situation. My truck got hit 48hrs after it was brand new in a parking lot and then again after 2mos.
GigEmAgs14
AG
AustinCountyAg
Backing out of our driveway I hit our fence in my wife's 4Runner the DAY we got it. **** happens
The Lost
FYI under snow banks there may eventually be a rock. Don't back straight into them assuming it's pure snow. Small dent in my bumper... oops.
GIF Reactor
AG
New F-150, rear ended the first day driving it.
92Ag95
AG
Don't settle for just the repairs on the insurance claim....I'd try to get diminished value as well. This vehicle will now have an accident on it's carfax.
EMY92
AG
You should be able to execute people on the side of the road after they hit you while texting.
MouthBQ98
AG
I once backed into one of my own cars, just a tiny ding, but it happens.
BrazosDog02
AG
I bet you can get a rear pipe bumper for less than the cost of a factory one.

I'd take the cash from insurance and do that. Can you even do that?

And for what it's worth, I tore the mirror off my brand new Super Duty backing it out of my garage 3 days after I brought it home. Nothing like spending 500 bucks and not having anyone else to blame it on.
TSW2012
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I bet you can get a rear pipe bumper for less than the cost of a factory one.

I'd take the cash from insurance and do that. Can you even do that?
(

Yes, you have to pay for the repair out of pocket. Once it is complete insurance will send two party check you and the bank if financed. Bank signs off on repairs and sends you the check with their piece signed.
Waltonloads08
AG
My wife has been hit twice by texting women within 6 months of leasing our XC60.

Glad I didn't purchase the damn thing.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Anyone know of any independent adjusters in the DFW area?
aggiedata
AG
This probably won't make you feel better.

My neighbor is a Benz salesman. He watched a guy pick up his new Benz, pull out in front of a truck on the feeder and total it right in front of the dealership. Another guy picked up his new S-Class, got caught in a rain storm and flooded it before he got home. Called him back to order another one.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
happened to me last year in my new genesis. still had the dealer tags on it. the guy that rear ended me was looking down at his phone and never hit the breaks. also didn't speak english and had terrible, strip mall insurance.

that was fun to deal with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.