Need a good rear entertainment system

1,206 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ogre09
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife is looking for a 1 or 2 year old Odyssey EX-L to get the leather but also wants the rear entertainment system option but they're pretty hard to find. What's the best looking aftermarket system that we could add to a vehicle if we find the right one but it doesn't come with the RES?
Ogre09
AG
Buy mounts for the headrests that will hold a tablet. Sound can be routed via bluetooth or cable to the car speakers, used with headphones, or just use the tablet speakers. That way the screen is portable, has its own battery, can be upgraded when it becomes obsolete or quits working, doesn't require professional installation, and is much cheaper if you already own the tablet. Biggest con is it's more difficult to show the same content on multiple screens.
SteveA
AG
Yep, get a couple of ipads.
ReloadAg
AG
Ha touch. That's what we'll do.
Mateo84
AG
There are also plenty of portavle dvd players with car seat mounts that come with an extra monitor that can be connected with a cable between the two monitors.
aggiepaintrain
AG
we have these and they work like a champ with ipads, kindle fire, etc

https://www.amazon.com/Headrest-Tryone-Samsung-Nintendo-Devices/dp/B074YYYNJ5/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529712228&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ipad+headrest+mount&psc=1
FJB
Ogre09
AG
I use these and love them. Super adjustable, easy, and secure grip.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IPCJFR4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Kids can't go more than 5 minutes without a screen at their face these days
ac04
neither can most adults
agdaddy04
AG
What do y'all use for remotes for controlling the iPad when on a headrest? Was looking at a few on amazon.
Ogre09
AG
I just turn something on and put it in the bracket. My wife can easily remove from holder and put it back while I drive. The five year old can hit pause and play from her carseat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.