adding tie down points in bed?

1,468 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JB
agrams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone ever add extra tie down points to a bed? I bought a swing box and really like its function, but the one issue I have is that it covers one of the anchor points on the sidewall of the bed. I would like to try and add a few more points in the bed for tie down strap anchors. anyone else done this? I couldn't find a standard product for this.

truck is a 2013 2500 dodge
sts7049
AG
you can do anything with jb weld
AMC12
AG
Neck ties normally work pretty well! Not sure about their working load limit though.
Long Live Sully
AG
Let me ask the rib and get back to you.
87IE
AG
I bought some surface mount anchors and used self tapping screws to attach the above the fender hump inside the bed.

Builder93
AG
87IE said:

I bought some surface mount anchors and used self tapping screws to attach the above the fender hump inside the bed.

I assume you don't plan on anchoring down anything of value? i saw a guy do something like that with a headache rack. It didn't stay in place very long.
87IE
AG
I haven't had any problems yet. I use the add on anchors for big items that don't have that much room to shift.
nonameag99
I have a swing box and bought some bed top rings called bull ring. They are great.

Word of warning, don't put too much weight in the swing box. My firsy one broke because I had my bottle jack in it. The only reason that I have one now is because my dad sold his old truck and gave me his box.

Their latching mechanism doesn't do well with a too much weight

I have never researched what their weight limit is
TSW2012
AG
I welded D rings to a piece of plate 2" wide about 3' long. Bolted that bar to bed gives you as many points as you want and the ability to fasten to more places on the bed. Removal easy and cover up holes with bedliner.
Centerpole90
AG
My service bed came with this Trax system rails down each side and a small box of these locks. At first I didn't think much of them but after a while I have come to really appreciate them. I'm sure in a regular pickup bed they'd work great. I can set them right where I want to if I'm trying to secure something awkward in the bed, or just take all the locks out and the floor is still pretty slick.

Aggie Squared
AG
I use 1/2" eye bolts with large washers in the stake pocket holes. Works well, but they are higher tie points.
TexasRebel
AG
A good sturdy headboard is really all you need, but a footer doesn't hurt.
vansprinkle
AG
I bolted a large d-ring to the center of the bed in my old F250. Just put a backing plate underneath for support. Used to haul around motorcycles so this gave me a spot in the middle to help tie them down.
JB
AG
Bullring stake pocket tie downs have worked great for me. They look factory on my Fords, and can push down out of the way when not in use.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.