2020 Chevy Tahoe new generation?

2,745 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DRE06
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just noticed that Chevy/GM will most likely release a new generation Tahoe for 2020. That would only be 6 years with the current model. Do they usually change that quickly?
AgEng06
AG
Not sure about the Tahoes specifically, but the trucks are changing in 2019. The previous body styles only ran 2014-2018.
Yesterday
AG
AgEng06 said:

Not sure about the Tahoes specifically, but the trucks are changing in 2019. The previous body styles only ran 2014-2018.
Interesting. Is that usual or a new thing for GM? It seems the rapid pace of new models would deter people from buying new. Then again i'm not running a mulit billion dollar industry.
htxag09
AG
If I am recalling correctly, the first generations ran for 8 years. The last generation or two ran for 6. So from that I'd expect 6-8 years being normal. And as we go forward, I wouldn't be surprised to see <6. I'm sure it more depends on market data and trends vs. just sticking to a change every 8 year business model.
fightingfarmer09
HDeathstar
New ford Bronco coming out, might have caused it. Not sure if the new Bronco is a direct challenger to it.
Post removed:
by user
The Fife
Better hurry up and change it already, suburban moms are a fickle bunch!
10andBOUNCE
AG
Bring back the 2 door!!
easttexasaggie04
AG
I think it's time for a change. The Tahoe has had quite a few refreshes but it's time for a fresh start.
AustinCountyAg
I was talking to my wife just this morning about Tahoe's. Literally every one of her friends drives one. For that reason alone we will never buy one.
AG
Will they kill off the v8 option? Seems to be the thing to do
AG
robertf03 said:

Will they kill off the v8 option? Seems to be the thing to do
Doubt it but I'm sure it will have the new 2.7 turbo I-4 standard. I'm glad they're making a change, this generation is the ugliest one that's been made.
MouthBQ98
AG
Tahoe is a pointless waste of a vehicle. A suburban is 18 inches longer and you can fit an entire sheet of plywood inside, amongst many other things. It rides better, carries more, and yet gets pretty much the same mileage. And they're about the same difficulty to park, frankly.
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

And they're about the same difficulty to park, frankly.
I don't think a suburban will even fit in a typical exburban garage, and you sure as hell aren't parallel parking one downtown.

The Wonderer
AG
robertf03 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

And they're about the same difficulty to park, frankly.
I don't think a suburban will even fit in a typical exburban garage, and you sure as hell aren't parallel parking one downtown.

This. I had an F150 SCrew and Suburban and both were harder to use in the city compared to my Navigator.
MouthBQ98
AG
My wife has driven a suburban or expedition EL since 2004. She does not have these complaints, oddly. It's a matter of ability and will.
The Wonderer
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

My wife has driven a suburban or expedition EL since 2004. She does not have these complaints, oddly. It's a matter of ability and will.
She work and live in a densely populated metro area?
MouthBQ98
AG
Houston and Austin. Granted, we live outside Austin but work right off 35.

Just saying, 18" difference.
The Wonderer
AG
18" is a lot. Just ask Piper Perri.
George08
AG
Tahoe is significantly easier to park than a suburban.
gig em 02
MouthBQ98 said:

Houston and Austin. Granted, we live outside Austin but work right off 35.

Just saying, 18" difference.

Note: It takes more than 18" to impress Mouth
DRE06
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Tahoe is a pointless waste of a vehicle. A suburban is 18 inches longer and you can fit an entire sheet of plywood inside, amongst many other things. It rides better, carries more, and yet gets pretty much the same mileage. And they're about the same difficulty to park, frankly.

Off post
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.