Land rover parts needed

1,214 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by purplehayes
Goodest Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bought an older LR Discovery 2 (01) as a beach house toy. The usual franchise parts stores dont seem to have a lot of parts for them.

Does anyone have a good, trusted source for parts that are true matches? Thanks in advance. Would rule 1, but dont know how to post pics. I know its 2018.
Silvy
AG
Don't know how to post pics and owns a LR? Sorry bout your wallet.

Online tends to be best bet. Otherwise, your parts are 2 weeks from everywhere.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
rockauto.com
Street Fighter
AG
Paging robertf03
AG
franchise stores don't stock anything these days, I had to go to the oreilly hub for an HEI cap

if its not critical, rovahfarm
if it is critical, rovers north.
If its NLA, Paul Grant @ Classic Rovers or Will Tillery. You'll have to search for them, no website.They are on a bunch of forums and I think they do the facebook thing.

keep the cooling system in good condition and it'll be reliable. The series 2 has a habit of the cat cooking the grease out of the front driveshaft CV joint and taking out the transmission case when it fails. If you don't know the history of the vehicle you should immediately have the front driveshaft rebuilt/replaced and swap the thermostat to a 180 deg (PEL500110)

Goodest Poster
AG
Thanks a bunch, exactly what i was hoping for.
Thanks Yall.
JSKolache
AG
trade it for toyota
Mookie
AG
Just follow another one around long enough and the part you need for yours will likely fall off theirs.
Tim Weaver
Don't bother going to the parts store.

Talk to Will. He's a LR parter-outer guy. Has everthing or can get it for good prices and fast shipping.

In the past it has been better to call him. His cell didn't always work to get email or forum posts. The Land line always works....

Will Tillery
540-462-7353
willtillery@roverguy.com
roverguy.com
Tim Weaver
Also; www.discoweb.org

Hopefully you have thick skin because the codgers over there are rough, but every question has been answered 10 times. Just search the forums and you'll find everything you need to know.
purplehayes
BritishAtlantic will have pretty much any part you could ever need for a Land Rover. I have no idea how their prices compare to the other places mentioned above, but they really know their stuff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.