2011 Chevy Cruze

1,510 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Waltonloads08
crazeyalex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1.4L 4 cyl - 6 speed manual.

Getting up around 150k miles and started having big issues with it. Just wondering if anyone has owned one and what issues they've had. Will help me decide to either see if it's worth fixing or just getting rid of.

With it paid off, I'd like to drive it until the wheels fall off.
sts7049
AG
what issues?
AustinCountyAg
Wife had one for a few years. Bought brand new and in to about year two it started showing problems. Radio no working, traction control problems, etc. little things that shouldn't be breaking in a two year old vehicle.

Since it's paid off I'd drive it until the wheels falls off. Gets great mileage and they are worth literally nothing if trading in or selling
crazeyalex
Similar issues to what Austin County is describing. It was going haywire and saying traction control alert, but it ended up being a purge valve. We replaced it and it blew a bunch of soot/crap out of the tailpipe. Ran ok for a week or so after that, then it started smoking real bad if when I took off or got on it. It stopped doing that and now it's running rough, dying at stop signs, ticking/rattling. I'm hoping the block wasn't cracked.
crazeyalex
Yeah, most I've been offered for it is 2,000. Probably should've jumped on that.
htxag09
AG
I don't have any personal experience with them, but have always just viewed these as "throwaway" cars....
aggiepaintrain
AG
they are hot garbage

dump it
FJB
Silvy
AG
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Its a disposable car.

They start life as rentals, get one oil change in 30K of rental use, then are auctioned off for half of their MSRP.

Next, they end up at Carmax/Carvana/Texas direct auto, and fall into 2nd tier buyers, students, single moms, people who are tired of walking, etc. Serve them semi-well for 2-4 years.

Now the car ends up to the 3rd tier, buy here/pay here lots, tax refund thousandaires, etc where they will be cobbled along until the buyer gets tired of fixing it/violates their parole or ends up on LivePD, and the car gets impounted or the BHPH lot owner gets it back and repeats again, 4th, 5th, and 6th tier, or it goes to a scapyard, where it will end up in China and become metal parts for the next cheap Television set or IKEA lamp that you buy.
crazeyalex
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Its a disposable car.

They start life as rentals, get one oil change in 30K of rental use, then are auctioned off for half of their MSRP.

Next, they end up at Carmax/Carvana/Texas direct auto, and fall into 2nd tier buyers, students, single moms, people who are tired of walking, etc. Serve them semi-well for 2-4 years.

Now the car ends up to the 3rd tier, buy here/pay here lots, tax refund thousandaires, etc where they will be cobbled along until the buyer gets tired of fixing it/violates their parole or ends up on LivePD, and the car gets impounted or the BHPH lot owner gets it back and repeats again, 4th, 5th, and 6th tier, or it goes to a scapyard, where it will end up in China and become metal parts for the next cheap Television set or IKEA lamp that you buy.
Sounds about right. I bought it when I was in college, because I was tired of lugging my old dodge truck around. It's been a good car for the past 3.5 years, but it's probably time to move on and step into a newer ride. I'm gonna miss not having car payments though...
chimpanzee
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Its a disposable car.

That was beautiful.

Toyota ought to put that straight in to their ad copy.
Dill-Ag13
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Its a disposable car.

An Ag in CO
AG
Quote:

With it paid off, I'd like to drive it until the wheels fall off.

Surprised this hasn't happened yet, but it won't be long so just sit tight!
easttexasaggie04
AG
The old man across the street from me has a Chevy Cruze and he seems to like it. He also really likes cold beer!
Waltonloads08
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Its a disposable car.

This makes my top 5 favorite Texags posts of all time
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.