Rule 1 - and need a few recs

1,490 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by moore42
moore42
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bought a "new" weekend beater.

2008 2500HD 4x4 6.0 with 182k miles.

https://imgur.com/a/JK0D57Z

It was used on a farm, so it's dirty. I spent an hour just vacuuming yesterday. It's getting better.

I need some recs for seat covers and shocks (5100's?)
tuaca93
AG
I like Bilstein for paved roads...if used more for off-roading i'd go with FOX mono... :-)
moore42
AG
I ended up getting the Coverking Leatherette seat covers. They were the same price as NeoSupreme thru Auto Anything ($200 ea front and back). I didnt really want leather-ish, but couldnt pass up the deal.

Next is to order some shocks (Will get Billstein 5100's) and figure out how to level it (looking at Torsion Key lifts).
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
moore42 said:

I ended up getting the Coverking Leatherette seat covers. They were the same price as NeoSupreme thru Auto Anything ($200 ea front and back). I didnt really want leather-ish, but couldnt pass up the deal.

Next is to order some shocks (Will get Billstein 5100's) and figure out how to level it (looking at Torsion Key lifts).

You can turn the torsion bars, just dont go crazy, my understanding is that if you go too much, the rest of the suspension will be under duress, but I dont think leveling will hurt it.
Silvy
AG
In addition to this, rather certain that cranking on the bars will give a stiffer ride as well.

I would imagine that buying lift keys would provide lift and minimize stiffness of the ride.
aggieforester05
AG
No luck finding the Tundra huh?
moore42
AG
silverado_lover said:

In addition to this, rather certain that cranking on the bars will give a stiffer ride as well.

I would imagine that buying lift keys would provide lift and minimize stiffness of the ride.
Word. I would rather replace the keys and keep the factory ride.

Quote:

No luck finding the Tundra huh?
No dice. I dont even see it on the facebook group you told me about.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.