Diesel brahs

6,400 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BlueSmoke
Broba Fett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TX_AG_10 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Don't be afraid to admit you just want to pull the mirrors out....

MouthBQ98
AG
Just don't take them anywhere near mud or even soft dirt. You need tractor tires to stop them from getting buried to the axles, 4x4 or not. Too much weight and ground pressure.

As long as the ground is rock or packed sand you are OK.

I have some pretty good video of using a daisy chain of two tractors to pull my dad's F250 out of a damp field that I was able to drive my Xterra around in in 2wD.
JB
AG
"Don't piss in front of the tire or you'll be stuck" - old man coworker of mine on diesel off road prowess.
BrazosDog02
AG
LASTED?

It's still running. It's my current tow vehicle and driver. Don't mod. Pay attention to the truck. Maintain it. Drive it like a normal human being.

Quote:

Just don't take them anywhere near mud or even soft dirt. You need tractor tires to stop them from getting buried to the axles, 4x4 or not. Too much weight and ground pressure.

Shortly after I got my 2005 F250, I went to the Brazos River beach. I took my F150 with no trouble. A bro rolls in with a brand spanking new long bed F250 4x4, proceeds to tear ass across the powder sand, gets half way through and she sinks like a rock....to the axles/frame. 30 mins later, another bro shows up with a tractor and some concoction of chains, rope, and tow straps linked together. They hook that bad boy up to the tow hooks, start yanking on it, and hook on the chain at the tractor breaks. The rope they had in between acted like a big ass rubber band and sent part of the chain all the way back and straight into the hook on the truck.....

Brand. ****ing. New.
MouthBQ98
AG
Lol. No blanket or rug on the line/strap. And a little bit of shovel work goes a long way in getting it started moving.
will.mcg
AG
They shoulda put up that "bonnet" as I learned from the mostly land cruiser safety video in a recent thread.
BrazosDog02
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Lol. No blanket or rug on the line/strap. And a little bit of shovel work goes a long way in getting it started moving.

You know what doesn't help a stick truck move? Wailing on the pedal and letting that ***** dig.

I'm a fan of the stuck 2wd 100' rooster tail of sand at the beach couple with 6000 rpm growl.
MrJonMan
AG
Was just talking with 1ags a week or so ago about this same "diesel struggle".....however I believe I'll probably end up with a f150 lariat.
litig8r187
AG
Bought a 2015 F250 CC 4x4 Lariat with the 6.7 Thursday. It's definitely a brodozer. I want it to pull a (planned) 5th wheel but I am a bit worried about the 4" lift and short box.
TecRecAg
AG
I bought a diesel for no other reason than I wanted one. I love it and I don't think I'll ever own a gas truck again.
Presley OBannons Sword
7.3 crew cab long bed or GTFO
Cashmoney
AG
Just bought a 2017 F250 6.7L diesel 4x4 Lariat. My first diesel. It just a smooth driving vehicle, much better than my 07 Silverado gasser.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
i've got to stop clicking on this thread...
Corps_Ag12
AG
Love my 2016 Duramax, but after i had some trouble with the backup sensors this past week i've wondered what the longevity of all this electronic crap really is. The screen has flickered a few times since i've owned it but it's usually just a simple shut it off and turn it back on.

Sometimes i think it'd be better off to have an old Cummins without all the electronic gizmos controlling everything.

Food for thought.
BrazosDog02
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Love my 2016 Duramax, but after i had some trouble with the backup sensors this past week i've wondered what the longevity of all this electronic crap really is. The screen has flickered a few times since i've owned it but it's usually just a simple shut it off and turn it back on.

Sometimes i think it'd be better off to have an old Cummins without all the electronic gizmos controlling everything.

Food for thought.

Uhmmm....getting a truck with a cummins is not going to solve longevity issue so. Lol.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Guess I should of been more clear.

I didn't really mean driving a dodge truck. I just meant the motor in general considering the fact that you can literally run a n old 12v on the ground with a battery.

Case in point:

tailgatetimer10
AG
Has anyone heard much regarding the 5.0 Cummins in the Titan?
Corps_Ag12
AG
I hear my neighbor's 5.0 Titan start up every morning. The fans are louder than the ones on my truck. Almost as bad as a Ford Ecoboost.
EskimoJoe
tailgatetimer10 said:

Has anyone heard much regarding the 5.0 Cummins in the Titan?

Fuel mileage of a 3/4 ton with towing capacity of a heavy half ton. You get the worst of both worlds.
BlueSmoke
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.