Cheap Raptor on Craigslist with extra ventilation (bullet holes)

4,111 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Broba Fett
Aston 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is one of the more interesting Craigslist finds I've seen in a while. Wonder what the back story is?

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/2013-ford-raptor/6607644871.html

"2013 Ford Raptor in need of repair. It has several bullet holes in it and likely needs some engine work. Looks to have been shot up, but does not appear to have had anyone in it at the time."

BenTheGoodAg
AG
$19k?!
Aston 91
AG
I'm also guessing it's going to take a lot more than what he's listed in the ad to get it back on the road. I'd be surprised if the gas tank and some electronic components aren't toast also.
The Lost
Quote:

Looks to have been shot up, but does not appear to have had anyone in it at the time.
This sentence just blows my mind. Looks to have been shot up? Is there any other possible explanation? Killer hail?

Is it assumed no one was it it because there aren't blood stains? How do you get a vehicle like this? Auction?
hurricanejake02
AG
Gotta wonder about the story... oilfield hand came home to find this parked in his driveway and his wife in a compromised position?
sts7049
AG
surely part of cartel activities
Corps_Ag12
AG
I'm in Midland and i really want to go look at this just for fun.
Complete Idiot
Corps_Ag12 said:

Here.
TexasAggies06
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

O'Doyle Rules
AG
Likely was stolen in great shape, driven to a remote area and torn up /shot up after the perps boozed up and/or used it to run drugs.
TexAg1987
Corps_Ag12 said:

Ad says "no tire kickers"
I'd lean towards obeying his wishes.

On a side note, I probably wouldn't fix the tailgate and quite possibly some of the interior.
will.mcg
AG
For real happened to a buddy of mine in Houston. Was not a Raptor but,was stolen from Washington area. Found several days later in the middle of a South Texas ranch after being chased by Border Patrol. It was toast.
PTXaggie08
AG
Quote:

repair bullet holes (I'd keep em cause it looks cool) - $3500
RK
AG
does he say what caliber? i'm looking for that exact model in 5.56...but if that's cartel related it may be 7.62...which is a little too large/gaudy.
Aggieangler93
AG
Replace the windshields, and leave the rest like it is, once you get it running. You'd get lots of looks!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
CanyonAg77
AG
I bought a project 2000 GMC from White Trash Central in Amarillo a couple of years ago. It had an AC/DC cd in the player, a baseball bat stashed in the folded up real seat, and a bullet hole in the left front corner of the bed.

This was the same pickup that the previous owner asked to keep a short length of chain he had clipped to the hitch. He said it was there because it was a white pickup and "...they used to drag black people behind trucks..."
TexAg1987
Aggieangler93 said:

Replace the windshields, and leave the rest like it is, once you get it running. You'd get lots of looks!
And no one will cut you off in traffic.
Bismarck
AG
Those are just speed holes.

Canyon99
CanyonAg77 said:

I bought a project 2000 GMC from White Trash Central in Amarillo a couple of years ago. It had an AC/DC cd in the player, a baseball bat stashed in the folded up real seat, and a bullet hole in the left front corner of the bed.

This was the same pickup that the previous owner asked to keep a short length of chain he had clipped to the hitch. He said it was there because it was a white pickup and "...they used to drag black people behind trucks..."

I'd have quickly backed away from the pickup and dude selling it. No no no.
CanyonAg77
AG
Canyon99 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

MOI bought a project 2000 GMC from White Trash Central in Amarillo a couple of years ago. It had an AC/DC cd in the player, a baseball bat stashed in the folded up real seat, and a bullet hole in the left front corner of the bed.

I'd have quickly backed away from the pickup and dude selling it. No no no.
I had already given him the cash, I had the title in hand, I had loaded it on a trailer and chained it down. This was literally the last thing that happened as I was about to drive off. So while I agree with your sentiment, the deal was done, and this was his little aside as I was about to leave.

So I let him take it, I jumped in my tow vehicle, and I got the heck out of Dodge (downtown Amarillo)
PMD03
AG
I imagine the raptor story is that the previous owner went offroading on private land and got stuck. Land owner finds truck and decides that he can't be responsible for someone placing their vehicle on his shooting range behind his targets.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Owner is from the San Antonio area, shows a stolen in the system and an insurance payout.
Centerpole90
AG
These guys can arrange for similar customization of other trucks like this F150..

Broba Fett
Looks like it would be a cop magnet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.