2018 F150 2WD STX - Tire Question

3,002 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Strongwind86
tboag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm wanting to put a 2 to 2.5" level and some A/T's on my 2018 F150 STX. I can't decide on 275/65 or 295/60.

I'm sold on the 34" just not sure how the difference in width will look/ will it fit without having to shave anything off. Was hoping someone might have some suggestions. Thanks!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
295s may look 'fat' on the OEM wheel.

You may get rub at full lock with the 295s.

I had 305s on a 4WD F150 and I rubbed the inner fender liner at full lock if I had a person in the passenger front seat.

I'm currently running 295/65R20 on my super duty with a Bilstein level, no rubbing.
tboag
AG
Thanks for the info. Yea the STX comes factory with the 20" aluminum wheel and I like it a lot so I'm keeping that.

I'm worried the 275/65 might look to skinny but that could just be my mind playing tricks.
hurricanejake02
AG
I'd get some measurements on your wheel wells - 2-2.5" may put you nose high on a 2WD unless you plan to lift the rear as well.

A lot of 4WD guys running 275/65/R20 are only going 1.25-1.5" on the front. The 4WDs come stock with a 1-1/8" rear block.

I haven't seen anyone running 295/60/R20s on stock rims, but the ones I have seen are split 50/50 on rubbing with offsets between +18 and +20 and a 2" level.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
tboag said:

Thanks for the info. Yea the STX comes factory with the 20" aluminum wheel and I like it a lot so I'm keeping that.

I'm worried the 275/65 might look to skinny but that could just be my mind playing tricks.
OEM Super Duty with 20s are 275s....
hurricanejake02
AG
275 is pretty standard stock tire these days. Looked around my driveway the other day and found an '11 Navigator 2WD, '16 F150 4x4, and '18 Tahoe all running stock 275/55/20s.

...for one more day. F150 gets new wheels/tires tomorrow. I opted for 275/70/R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 18x9 +12 Black Rhino Warlords.
tboag
AG
Nice! Yea I'm going to go with the 275/65/R20 Ridge Grappler. Just gotta figure out the level amount.

Thanks for everyone's info.
Bob_Ag
AG
I'd check a lot of the F150 forums as there are tons of pictures on different tire and wheel combos.

I went with a 27570r18 tire and I dont think it looks too skinny. I'm not really a fan of the big fat tire look either though. 285 is also a nice width but remember the wider you go the more you are going to kill power and mileage.

What motor and gears do you have?
tboag
AG
It's the 2.7L V6 Ecoboost
jefe95
AG
Have a 2016 on 33" 305s on 20" wheels with a level kit only.

There is rub at full lock.
RK
AG
Don't want to start a new thread so throwing this here. Any refs for a Houston shop to install some bilstein 5100s and align?
Strongwind86
AG
RK said:

Don't want to start a new thread so throwing this here. Any refs for a Houston shop to install some bilstein 5100s and align?
Any shop that installs front strut cartridges can install the 5100's. You just need to be clear which ring (ride height) you want installed before they assemble the spring.

I'm out in Cypress - My local shop (Telge Auto) did my install and alignment.
RK
AG
Recall about what you paid? I got a quote for parts, install and align and I think it's probably a couple/few hundred high.

Edit: Maybe it's not crazy. Just got a second quote in the same ballpark.
Strongwind86
AG
Got the Bilsteins online from Stage 3 Motorsports - Mine were like $325 delivered a year ago?

Bilstein 5100 for Ford F150

I think I paid $175 - $200 for the install and align. I use the shop from time to time (over the past 10+ years) to work on my vehicles when I'm busy.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.