Tacoma - Secondary Air Injection Valve failure

3,903 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mdub00
Punked Shank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious if anyone on here has experience with this? Sunday my dashboard showed CEL and Trac Off lights. Shortly the same day went into limp home mode.

Researching this it seems Tundra and Seauioa went into recalls for the exact same part but not the Tacoma.

I've reached out to Toyota but don't expect to hear back until tomorrow.
saltydog13
AG
What year?

Here's plenty of reading about it
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/secondary-air-injection-system-p2440-and-p2442.370792/
dallasattnyag
I preventively installed a block off plate and no cut wiring in my 07 LC at least a year ago with no problems. Tons of discussion of work arounds on LC and Tundra forum.

I believe Toyota also extended the warranties on the Tundras for 10 years. Even if you are out of warranty lots of people have been able to complain and get Toyota to throw in the parts for free With the owner paying like $1k for labor.
Mr. Dubi
What year and engine? I actually did a forum search and the only references to limp home was by the guys selling the bypass harness.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Deleteeeee
Punked Shank
AG
saltydog13 said:

What year?

Here's plenty of reading about it
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/secondary-air-injection-system-p2440-and-p2442.370792/

This is the main thread i was referencing. It's had about 46 pages of the same issues i was having. My quote to repair came in a few hundred cheaper than some of those. Toyota has started offering reimbursements in the last 4 to 4 months even though that thread is 3 years old. People in March responses saying Toyota owning up which is a good sign

Mine is a 2012. I'm original owner and this is first issue with. My truck. I was curious if any ags had similar issues.

I left Toyota customer service an email and hope to resolve. I have all the error codes etc. And they match up from tacomaworld.

Feel free to delete thread, just curious if anyone on texags had experience. Place is typically helpful
saltydog13
AG
Yeah there was someone on here recently that had the same issue with their tundra. Everyone recommended the delete kit/mod
Dwide Schrude
AG
Same thing happened to me around 65k miles. Toyota recently issued a recall, they'll fix the issue for free.
Punked Shank
AG
Unheard back from them and I an sending in info to get reimbursed.

I wasn't in a position to make it to local dealership and had it fixed locally.

Kudos to them for reimbursing
Mdub00
AG
sorry I'm late to the discussion, I had issues with my tundra recently. It wasn't the pumps so my issue was not covered by the extend warranty. The problems were with the air switch valves. I don't know why the valves are not covered because they are part of the same system. I'm guessing they only cover the pumps them self.

The dealer did one, then i did the 2nd about four weeks later after going into limp mode. I used an Ebay Techstream to reset my system.

I did not install the bypass, for my model year because it is $$ and seems more complicated than the earlier model bypass. I figure i'll just wait till i need it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.