Quote on truck

2,005 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
Oknows
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Being quoted 12k off msrp on a truck. Should I push for more? What's my best route here? Thanks in advance.
Goose
AG
I'm probably the least qualified car-buying advice guy on here, but I'll go ahead and say it depends completely on what you're trying to buy. $12k off on a used half ton with 150k miles on it but runs well is probably a steal; $12k off on a new Peterbilt not so much. That's a bit of a stretch I know, but you get my point. If you offer up what you're looking at I'm sure folks smarter than me can give good advice though.
Oknows
AG
Giving me bs add-ons like Perma Plate interior and exterior application, life time warranty window tint, MOPAR wheel locks, and Nitrous Air in the tires. Help!!!
03_Aggie
Tell them you're happy to take the add ins, but you aren't paying for them.

Such and such off of MSRP is not an easy way to evaluate a deal. How are they coming up with the discount? Is it all dealer discounts? Does it include manufacturer rebates? Any rebates for financing?

What type of truck are you looking at? Trim level?
Oknows
AG
Was trying to avoid all the fire comments.
Ram 1500 Lone Star Silver edition. All listed rebates on site minus $3750 that I don't qualify for. Listed at 46,500. Being quoted 34,500 + ttl & addendum which includes the above items. Wasn't given a $ amount on the addendum just yet.

Was hoping to get to ~ $34,500 out the door.
easttexasaggie04
AG
They should give you a smoking deal (no pun intended) on a Ram now with the new body style coming out.
Flaith
AG
Oknows said:

Ram 1500 Lone Star Silver edition. All listed rebates on site minus $3750 that I don't qualify for. Listed at 46,500. Being quoted 34,500 + ttl & addendum which includes the above items. Wasn't given a $ amount on the addendum just yet.

have you cross-referenced TrueCar?
Oknows
AG
Only one I've found that has all the features of this one, so hard to get a competitive offer.
Furlock Bones
AG
Oknows said:

pay exactly zero dollars for the "extras".

what is the $3750 rebate for?
Oknows
AG
2018 Non-Prime Retail Bonus Cash - $1250
USAA Member - $1000
Owner Loyalty Bonus - $1500
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
You need to ask them to line out exactly what is a discount and what is a rebate so things are clear.
Frisco
AG
just tell them you want it for 34,500 out the door (if that's what you're thinking) and that you're ready to sign the paperwork.

A good deal is one that you're happy with
AgEng06
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

They should give you a smoking deal (no pun intended) on a Ram now with the new body style coming out.

Admit it, it was a little bit intended.
Oknows
AG
I did that. Not happening so far. We'll see.
Silvy
AG
Best route is LS swoop.

Tks.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Oknows said:

I did that. Not happening so far. We'll see.

Quit sitting there smoldering, tell them to drop the smokescreen and explain each line item and then tell them you are fired up to make a deal today.
sts7049
AG
yep. and if they don't, you should leave.
Oknows
AG
Oh I'm not sitting in a dealership. Dealing with a guy via email.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Oknows said:

Oh I'm not sitting in a dealership. Dealing with a guy via email.

So you're burning up the interwebs with these folks? You should extinguish the back and forth, clearly they are not alarmed enough to make a deal.
sts7049
AG
good. because usually when one of these threads come up the guy is sitting at the dealer and makes the purchase before getting any useful feedback
Boro Ag 2000
AG
sts7049 said:

good. because usually when one of these threads come up the guy is sitting at the dealer and makes the purchase before getting any useful feedback

So true!
Oknows
AG
Gave him my price and told him if he wanted to sell I was ready to buy and he knew how to contact me. Not expecting to hear back.
Long Live Sully
AG
Tell him your offer goes down by $100 every hour you don't get an answer.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
silverado_lover said:

Best route is LS swoop.

Tks.

worn out
Silvy
AG
No u
Kenneth_2003
AG
In my experience internet sales guys are about as smart and useful as a bag of stripped nuts and bolts.
Want to buy a vehicle, go to the dealership .
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
sts7049 said:

"Hey who's your Jeep contact? I'm at the dealer where she works and already sitting in finance, wondering if she can cut me a better deal...."

True story.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.