AC Temperature?

805 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mr. Dubi
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
2011 Sienna 120k miles

Wife swears it's not cooling down as much as it used to. It's her car so I don't really notice much. Stuck a temp probe in a vent a few minutes ago and it was 48. Outside temp is 81. That seem high? Should I check to see if it needs more refrigerant?
JP76
Most toyotas I have owned always ran 38-42 degrees
Dill-Ag13
AG
Definitely too warm
EMY92
AG
42-45 is good. You don't want it in the 30s, there you risk turning the evap coil into an iceberg.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Summer is coming, hows the cabin filter?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Summer is coming, hows the cabin filter?
Just replaced a few months ago so should be fine. I don't have a gauge set so can't check pressures, but I'm never opposed to buying new tools if I need to check that.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Well I found the pressures I need to look for, and a good Eric The Car guy video to show me how to do it. Guess I'll go buy a gauge set and give it a shot.
Wildmen03
AG
I'll piggyback this thread instead of starting my own. My '09 F150 A/C will blow plenty cold, but only when driving at speed, when I come to a stop, or accelerate heavily I can feel the air warm up. But it'll go right back down when I begin cruising again.

It's done this for as long as I can remember, is that normal behavior?
fire09
AG
Some vehicles will shut off the AC by disabling the compressor when you stomp on it. At idle is another monster all together. I would check the basics first, airflow across your condenser coil (ie is your fan working and your coil unobstructed) and listen for your compressor to cycle on at idle. Are you able to tell a difference when you select OA versus recirculated air?
Mr. Dubi
Most parts stores have a loaner program. You purchase the tools you need, then they allow you to return for a full refund.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.