'15 RX 350 trans fluid changing

682 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
allMondjoy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Toyota WS fluid, suppose to be lifetime fluid and filter. Anyone driving an RX and dealt with this fluid change. It has no ****** dip stick or fill tube. Wonder what years did this change take place?
Aggiedad
drumboy
AG
If it's lifetime why you changing?
allMondjoy
Ok if logic used you are correct. Anyone who understands transmissions knows there is no such fluid as" lifetime" for ******. Plus the fact the filter is same specs as 50,000 mile version.
Aggiedad
aggiepaintrain
AG
so you know more about Lexus than Lexus, got it.
FJB
drumboy
AG
Seems like everyone I know that had a transmission go out had it crater after changing the fluid. 15 or so cars in and I've never replaced a transmission.
allMondjoy
Got some cattle on here I see.
Aggiedad
Flaith
AG
don't be a dick. It's a sealed system for a reason. Since there is no dipstick, you'll probably have to be a contortionist to access a full port on the top of the transmission under the car.

I did a drain and refill on my wife's RX330, but that model has a dip stick to refill through.

Here, if you must

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
The newer FWD Aisin 6 speed autos have a two stage drain process.

First one is the drain plug itself, and the second one is the 'stand pipe' that you remove from the drain plug hole.

Refill exactly what you drained out. Usually I get around 2.5 or so quarts out.

Its messy but can be done. Make sure its stone cold (sat overnight).

If you really want to change the filter, you'll have to lift the engine/trans up to get about half a dozen bolts that are obstructed by the K Member.

FWIW, I have a customer with a 2010 RX and 230K, and all we've done is 60K ATF intervals (no filter). Still shifts like new.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.