Brief Summary on F-150/250 models requested

2,334 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Goodest Poster
IslandAg76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it's mostly trim levels (and price) but I find it difficult to go thru the spec sheets of each model and pull out the major differences...any quick summaries on differences between:
XLT, Lariat, Limited, Platinum, King Ranch and best I can tell the FX4 ended in 2017.

Thanks
Obi Wan Ginobili
Everything above a Lariat has damn near the same stuff, some just look better than others.

XLT's today are much nicer than XLT's ten or more years ago. You can add on almost anything you want to these things now.
aggieforester05
AG
The brochure has pretty good breakdowns. FX4 package is mentioned under the STX box.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/brochures/?gclid=CjwKCAjwq_vWBRACEiwAEReprG_5QSb8XH8QfaFkBioAZ2XBC2oGauNmbtwiyBEzceSnHu1o3lPFWRoCXFgQAvD_BwE&searchid=757864941%7C45440733768%7C56095492930%7C&s_kwcid=AL!2519!3!214315126780!b!!g!!%2Bf150%20%2Bbrochure&ef_id=WoCT-QAAAGqv-DCT:20180424123515:s
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
FX4 now becomes a standalone package like it was in the 03-08 years.

FX2 now is a "Sport appearance" and comes with floor shift in all lines except XL.

There's also a chrome appearance package that's available on XL, XLT, and Lariat.

XLT is the main "every man " package. There are three packages of XLT a Base 300, a mid level 301 and a 302 which is a "loaded" XLT. Leather is not available on the XLT unless it's dealer installed.

The Lariat gives you things like leather, push button start, nicer wheels and more standard equipment. Lariat also offers three lines, 500, 501 and 502. Each with more equipment than the last.

King Ranch is pretty much as a Lariat except for special leather colors and wheels and some exterior trim.

Platinum gives you even more bling and special badging and appliqus outside, special wheels, and nicer interior materials.

The limited gives you A4WD, 20 or 22s, nice leather and soft touch on everything, power running boards, the 3.5L boost, etc.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I sent you an email yesterday asking about some of this stuff and purchasing. Your email was in another thread as your handle at gmail, so that is where I sent it to. It came from my hotmail, so it might have gotten filtered. Yes, I still use hotmail.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I sent you an email yesterday asking about some of this stuff and purchasing. Your email was in another thread as your handle at gmail, so that is where I sent it to. It came from my hotmail, so it might have gotten filtered. Yes, I still use hotmail.
haha ok I'll check it out!
hurricanejake02
AG
4A comes with 4x4 on Lariat+

Sliding Rear Glass - XLT+
LED Box Lighting - XLT 301A+
Remote Start - XLT 301A+
Moonroof - XLT 301A+
BLIS - XLT 302A+
8" Sync 3 Infotainment Screen - XLT 302A+ or XL w/ STX Pkg
Moonroof - XLT 301A+
Power Seats - Lariat+
Power Folding Mirrors - Lariat+
Cooled/Ventilated Seats - Lariat+
HD Radio only available with B&O package - Lariat+

FX4 available on all trim levels.
Chrome Pkg and Sport Appearance Pkg (no chrome) available on all trim levels.

Some of these may have changed a little bit for the 2018 models, but I think most of this is still accurate.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
hurricanejake02 said:

4A comes with 4x4 on Lariat+

Sliding Rear Glass - XLT+
LED Box Lighting - XLT 301A+
Remote Start - XLT 301A+
Moonroof - XLT 301A+
BLIS - XLT 302A+
8" Sync 3 Infotainment Screen - XLT 302A+ or XL w/ STX Pkg
Moonroof - XLT 301A+
Power Seats - Lariat+
Power Folding Mirrors - Lariat+
Cooled/Ventilated Seats - Lariat+
HD Radio only available with B&O package - Lariat+

FX4 available on all trim levels.
Chrome Pkg and Sport Appearance Pkg (no chrome) available on all trim levels.

Some of these may have changed a little bit for the 2018 models, but I think most of this is still accurate.
This is pretty much correct.

Here is a link to my google drive with the latest F150 order Guide current as of Jan 2018
Superdave1993
AG
Why can't I get butt cooler seats on a poor man's vehicle? Is it really too much to ask?

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Superdave1993 said:

Why can't I get butt cooler seats on a poor man's vehicle? Is it really too much to ask?

Us LOLpoors have to sweat like the peasants we are.

I'm playing with the idea of putting in ventilated seats currently.
The Lost
Superdave1993 said:

or heated steering wheel for us in the mountains... oh well, the stx has everything else i need
BigPuma
AG
To complete the PXLatinum vibe you need to put the massaging seats.

Yes the King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited all have massaging seats (or you can get them on it)

My BIL's 16 F150 KR has the factory power running boards too.
Superdave1993
AG
If you get that one figured out, I might buy one and make the drive down to come see you.
RightWingConspirator
AG
I have the power running boards on my platinum. Honestly, I'd rather have the fixed running boards.
IslandAg76
AG
thanks for all the information- I'll keep this page available but 45 pages of options and packages on Google drive does not make it simple.

I guess I'll do it the old way-

"Gimme that red truck over there"
hurricanejake02
AG
If you have some dealmaker or dealbreaker features, why don't you tell us what you're looking for and we can point you in the direction of the right trim level?
MouthBQ98
AG
I know it makes things easier for the manufacturers, but I HATE the packaging of options and upgrades because they basically make you buy 5 crap things you don't need to get 3 things you really want.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
The Lost said:

Superdave1993 said:

or heated steering wheel for us in the mountains... oh well, the stx has everything else i need
I can put the heated wheel in for you easily and make it show up in your Sync 3 screen.
IslandAg76
AG
I'm not at the buying part yet unless I do it on a whim. I'll be replacing a 2008 FX4 with V-8, leather, tow package, sliding rear glass...not major fancy but I like it.
I don't even know if I want a 150 or a 250...want is the key word--no real need for a 250.

I go thru some of the "build your truck" sites and you pick a couple options that sound good,, the price changes then you select some package and it bounces out a few of your selected options, etc, etc.
Hard (for me) to quickly see what you get when you go from a $39k Lariat to a $56k Platinum

I think I'll have to spend some time walking the lots and looking a little, other than on line.

Thanks...Again
jakester03
AG
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Here is some useful information too.....

The Lost
1agswitchin4lanes said:

The Lost said:

Superdave1993 said:

I can put the heated wheel in for you easily and make it show up in your Sync 3 screen.

Next time we take the truck to Houston to visit the in laws I'll let you know.
Goodest Poster
AG
Get an XLT with
302a package.
If u want leather, do aftermarket or Catskin.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.