April 21 & 22 auto endeavours

1,320 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mr. Dubi
EMY92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Several weeks ago I applied a ceramic coating to the Raptor. Since then, the weekend weather has sucked. I've been limited to rinse-less washes (big fan of this, BTW). The ceramic coating took a lot of time and effort to apply. I spent 15 hours from start to finish on this project - wash, dry, clay, polish, alcohol wipe, and finally coat.

Sunday looked to be a nice day so I decided to break out the pressure washer and foam cannon. After, I decided that a nice carnauba wax would add to the shine. The waxing takes less time than the washing/drying.

Here are the results:

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Just curious to your logic of waxing over the ceramic?
AggieEP
I know you've posted pics of the raptor before, but damn that is a nice truck and looks like you did a great job detailing it.

I wish there were deals to be had on these and I'd be lining up to grab one.
Flaith
AG
New battery and new starter in wife's RX330. First time the car has left her stranded
hatchback
AG
Washed the GTI on Friday afternoon. Rained Saturday morning.

Went to the 2018 Concours d'Elegance of Texas in Arlington on Sunday. About 25 pictures in to the show, my memory card filled up and I didn't take any more photos. My friend's 1932 REO Royale 8-35 Rumble Seat Coupe won "Best in Class," so that was cool.
Centerpole90
AG
My son and I replaced all the widow tracks, cat whiskers, and outside seal on the door glasses.... because it may be a while before we're on the road, but we ain't tolerating rattling ass door glass. #petpeeve

https://instagr.am/p/Bh7xl4rAKur
MouthBQ98
AG
Nothing much. Washed the FIT really fast in the dark.
EMY92
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Just curious to your logic of waxing over the ceramic?
After extensive research, I don't have much of a life. I found that there is no consensus on doing this. I searched various detailing sites and found some swear by this and others don't see the point. Some say it gives a deeper shine, other say it's not worth the effort.

The coating manufacturer just suggests to wait at least a week before applying anything over the ceramic coating.

I am not sure if it makes a difference, but I can slap a coat of wax on in about an hour, it was a nice day, so I did it. Worst case is I know it doesn't harm the coating.

Thanks AggieEP.
AG
Replaced a broken cv and had to do some spindle work to clear the rolled vs previously cut splines

tailgatetimer10
AG
Fixed the gas fill door on the z06. The pin would not release to hold it shut. Had to pull off the rear wheel and inner fender to find out the plastic mount broke. Gorilla glued it back together for now. Seems to work fine for the time being.

So much fun. Can't wait to show off my working gas door.
falcon09
AG
I pulled the 302 out of my '87 Bronco about a month ago. Turns out it was a re-manned engine, the block was shot and it had boat anchor heads with different casting numbers (one from '78 and the other from '85).

I wound up finding a nice long block out of a '95 F-150 in Texas City for $150 and had a buddy that just happened to be driving to Galveston pick it up and drive it all the way back to South Dakota. Every one in Rapid City wanted at least $400 and wanted to sell me the whole engine, not just the long block.

Fast forward 3 weeks, I got the block back from the machine shop last Friday and started putting it all back together. I had the shop bore it .030 over and put the new pistons on. I also got some shorty headers and the '95 block is a roller block and has a hydraulic roller cam. I'm not going for anything crazy, just looking to get back in the ballpark of the stock numbers. Hoping for the 200 HP and 300 FtLbs range.

A friend and I managed to stab it in on Sunday and I got most of the accessories put on last night after work.

Hope to fire it up by Thursday. The wife has given me a deadline of Friday because we have family coming into town and this needs to be my DD while they're here.
txyaloo
AG
I'd upgrade to a 3G alternator before you button everything up. Now is a great time to do it. Might also try to find a Sagniaw steering pump bracket and do that upgrade. I was really happy to get rid of the factory whining/groaning power steering pump
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
See the STX F150 Thread.

Also washed E55 and Took pup out for a ride in the GT500.
falcon09
AG
The alternator was replaced by the PO less than 10k miles ago and I don't feel like spending the $100 at the moment. Maybe I'll get around to it one day.

The Saginaw P/S pump swap sounds like a pretty good idea. I haven't had much issues with noise, but my lines are leaking a little, so might as well swap in a better pump while I'm fixing it.
Mr. Dubi
I thought about washing the 'boost on Friday, but knew we were expecting rain.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.