2012 F150 - Leaking Coolant

896 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Silvy
menace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I noticed this weekend that my 2012 F150 4x4 (No Ecoboost) with over 105,000 miles has been leaking coolant. The levels were down and there was a pool underneath the truck (did not drive it all weekend). I am trying to avoid taking it to the dealership, does anyone have any recommendations in North Dallas to take the truck to? Thanks.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
5.0?

Theres a common leak at a fitting and is easy to DIY.
menace
AG
Yes. It's a 5.0.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
menace said:

Yes. It's a 5.0.
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2931460
Post removed:
by user
MouthBQ98
AG
I never understand this. I have a 40 year old tractor with all sorts of 1500 psi hydraulics on it and it has had 2 leaks, both of which were caused by things I did to damage or loosen something, but they can't design a new car with 8 psi fittings that don't break and leak within 5 years?
Maverick06
AG
Had this problem on my 2011 boost. Heater hose assembly. It's the hose connection from the reservoir to the heater coil. The hose was leaking at the connection at the reservoir. Have to buy the hose and reservoir assembly. Easy DIY.
lawless89
Yep just replaced that hose and t fitting about a month ago. Was an easy fix.
BrazosDog02
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I never understand this. I have a 40 year old tractor with all sorts of 1500 psi hydraulics on it and it has had 2 leaks, both of which were caused by things I did to damage or loosen something, but they can't design a new car with 8 psi fittings that don't break and leak within 5 years?

Yeah...but...Your tractor was designed to meet a need with very little restraint on performance or cost.

Modenr vehicles have to meet all sorts of regulation, cram 1200lbs of **** into a 1000lb bag, and then do it for less than 100,000 so the cross section of America can afford to actually buy it.

Engineers spend their entire careers finding where to cut costs to make that happen. Looks like they picked a pretty good part to do that with and roll the dice. Non catastrophic, easy to replace. ??

I bet a 2018 Tractor has similar issues. :/

I get your point, I have old equipment too, and it just works...the wife's expedition leaked washer fluid into the rear cargo area...why? Because of a .15 hose that pulled off of a nipple in the headliner. The fix was using .37 vacuum hose. LOL.
phoenix491
AG
I'm having this same problem on my 2014 5.0 ... thanks for the link, 1ag!
Silvy
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.