New Bronco guess

5,609 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PPlayboy87
Street Fighter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/g19747236/heres-what-we-think-the-2020-ford-bronco-will-look-like/

Ronnie Mund
aggieforester05
AG
Hope so, knowing our luck with SUVs, it'll probably be ifs all around, the ground clearance of a Prius, and handicapped with the NA 3.3L
saltydog13
AG
They said anything about possible engines for it? The 2.7 boost maybe?
EskimoJoe
I'll believe it when i see it.
clarythedrill
If you squint your eyes just a little, the profile looks like the discontinued Toyota FJ.
Picard
AG
I thought we already knew that it wouldn't be a 2-door?

saltydog13
AG
Ford spokesman said they're going to sell 2 and 4 door. The article was pasted over on the Bronco 6G forum
Prune Tracy
This is what we're going to wind up with. Ranger-based Everest rebadged as a Bronco. The market isn't there for a full new body design, especially given the "globalization" push.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/potential-ford-everest-raptor-could-pave-the-way-for-a-bronco-raptor

txyaloo
AG
The Everest is very capable off road. I don't understand all of the hate for it. It's also nearly the size of the old FSB. The FSB isn't the most svelte thing if you're trying to run "jeep trails"
drewser95
AG
Gangster Octopus said:

This is what we're going to wind up with. Ranger-based Everest rebadged as a Bronco. The market isn't there for a full new body design, especially given the "globalization" push.
Does anyone know if that photo with the prototype covered by the sheet is official? Because the Everest pictures I've seen don't look anything like that silhouette. Ford wouldn't pull that big of a bait & switch, would they?
aggieforester05
AG
That Everest is way cooler than the SUVs Ford is selling here.
TSJ
AG
aggieforester05 said:

That Everest is way cooler than the SUVs Ford is selling here.

You said before I could! Ford does not have an off road suv otherwise.
saltydog13
AG
Supposedly it's just a clay rendering underneath that is supposed to be close to what the production model will look like.
ETA: they're making a mini bronco as well which would be more along the size of the Everest. Long article in the link

http://www.bronco6g.com/forum/index.php?threads/breaking-2020-21-bronco-teased-2-4-doors-hybrid-option-confirmed-plus-baby-bronco.226/
TSW2012
AG
Make one that looks like the one in OP with a 5.0 and a removable top and I'll buy one at MSRP day one.
cledus6150
AG
A 5.0 and removable top just as you said and I'd buy one as well
aggieforester05
AG
Heck yeah, if I could get the one in the OP with a 5.0/10 speed (My big dreams of a manual would likely not happen , but if so TR-6060 please) and then add a blower, I'd be tempted to sell my truck and upgrade.
Cromagnum
AG
Does it come in white? Need a vanity plate that says OJDIDIT
CDUB98
AG
No matter what Ferd does, it is guaranteed that 90% of this board will not like it.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Hope so, knowing our luck with SUVs, it'll probably be ifs all around, the ground clearance of a Prius, and handicapped with the NA 3.3L
Confirmed will be body on frame....
CDUB98
Madman
AG

2004 concept at bottom.
ursusguy
AG
Go watch Rampage.
Dr. Nefario
Gangster Octopus said:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/potential-ford-everest-raptor-could-pave-the-way-for-a-bronco-raptor

Nah, that'll be the new Bronco II that everybody has been waiting for.
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.” -Abraham Lincoln
MouthBQ98
AG
Hey! I have an underpowered naturally aspirated 3.3!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I'm starting to save up, if it looks anything like that sheet I'm getting one when it comes out.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Hopefully it's not like the Toyota FJ.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
If Toyota would have just copied the old land cruiser jeep looking vehicle they would have killed it. Not sure why it's so hard. Build the same damn thing with new refinements with a removable top.
Old Sarge
AG
I googled the Ford Everest. If Ford does that for the return of the Bronco, it is damn depressing.

Ford is gonna F this up if they do that. Load both barrels and put the muzzle on your foot and pull the trigger kind of F this up.
Green is the new RED.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Old Sarge said:

I googled the Ford Everest. If Ford does that for the return of the Bronco, it is damn depressing.

Ford is gonna F this up if they do that. Load both barrels and put the muzzle on your foot and pull the trigger kind of F this up.
I have good information that it will be RWD based and Body on Frame.

There will also be a smaller one as well, almost like a Bronco II.
BoDog
AG
Does a 2020 debut mean it will hit dealer lots in Q4 2019?
EMY92
AG
Or earlier.
Madman
AG
PPlayboy87
AG
Street Fighter said:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/g19747236/heres-what-we-think-the-2020-ford-bronco-will-look-like/

Looks like an old IH Scout II.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.