F-150 STX

18,649 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggie4231
Oknows
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In the market for a truck, but not looking to break the bank as I'll be looking for one for my son in the not-so-distant future. Only thing about these that throws me off a little is the lack of power seats. Is the 2.7L V6 boost good enough for someone who doesn't do much, if any, towing? What else am I missing with the STX? Thanks.
IDAg10
AG
The 2.7 Ecoboost has plenty of power and has a better powerband for towing when compared to the V8. I'm happy I went with the 2.7 for my 2015. The 2018 models have the new 10 speed auto which should increase acceleration and mileage.
Javelina
AG
Compared to my old 5.4, the 2.7 in my new truck is a rocketship. Get the big fuel tank.
NWE
AG
The Lost
I have a 2017 stx and love it. I love the console/sync since the back up camera is helpful with it. Does anything I put it threw in Colorado. Put it in sports mode if you really want to have fun driving it. I'm the only one who drives it so I couldn't careless about powered seats (plus I've never had them). Can answer any questions you may have, but it can handle any basic truck task. Can't say I've pushed its towing, but it beast through the mountains and snow with a full load in the bed.
NWE
AG
The Lost said:

so I couldn't careless

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I think the STX is the best value out there now for an F150.

You can equip it with as much or as little as you want, and there are 4 engine choices.

$145 bucks gets you carpet over vinyl.

My truck doesn't have power seats (yet), and its not really that big of a deal because my truck is driven by me 99.8% of the time.
JB
AG
I have been looking at alot of XLTs and have been seeing supercrew FX4s with the 3.5 or 5.0 in the mid to high 30s.

2wd XLT-STX supercrew with 2.7 around 29-31k.
bkag9824
AG
Where are you sourcing your power seats? Junk yard?

A quick google search on the process seems relatively straightforward...
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
bkag9824 said:

Where are you sourcing your power seats? Junk yard?

A quick google search on the process seems relatively straightforward...
Ebay, LKQ etc.

Its not high on my list of things to do, and when I do it, I'll probably just do the 6 way for the lower part.
hurricanejake02
AG
Some information located here: https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2930602

I looked at the new 2018 STX pretty hard a few months ago, but I ended up buying a 2016 Lariat 502A for $6-7k more than where the STX prices were landing.

Granted, I was looking at 3.5L SuperCrew, 4x4, with the 6.5' bed, and the one I found was in Arizona... that's a long road trip home.

Features that you can't get with the XL, and are either cost-prohibitive or just difficult to add-on later include sliding rear window, sunroof, folding mirrors, and HD radio. Some of the other stuff can be added yourself for minimal effort or money.

The STX is a great option to get the center console and Sync3 system in a lower model truck.
Oknows
AG
Right now, the only things I think I would like that aren't in the STX are remote start and power seats, though I'm not sure that I ever really adjust the seats in my current vehicle. Don't really see a need for the sliding window and doubt that I would ever use the folding mirrors enough to miss them.
McInnis 03
AG
You can add third party remote start for peanuts

https://www.12volt.solutions/pages/product-result?q=yr_2017~mk_ford~md_f-150
aggieforester05
AG
I have the 2016 XLT with a 5.0L V8 with a Roush Supercharger and I like it. My biggest complaints would be the lack of a garage door opener on anything below the Lariat and a stereo system that's sound quality is on par with the '93 F-250 XLT that I drove in high school when it was still stock.
McInnis 03
AG
Yet another problem fixed for peanuts

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.crutchfield.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/p_990JBLF150/JBL-Concert-Edition-Premium-Audio-Upgrade.html&ved=2ahUKEwjwnZDL87HaAhWGyIMKHYuJBt0QFjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2hTiuN5mT0UK4lADorA7AT
AggieKatie2
AG
Oknows said:

In the market for a truck, but not looking to break the bank as I'll be looking for one for my son in the not-so-distant future. Only thing about these that throws me off a little is the lack of power seats. Is the 2.7L V6 boost good enough for someone who doesn't do much, if any, towing? What else am I missing with the STX? Thanks.

Bought a new F150 Monday but it isn't ready yet, so they gave me an STX to drive around.

I have been pleasantly surprised at how fun the 2.7L is to drive and has plenty of power for getting around town. Youll get the 8" infotainment center, bucket seats in front, 20s.

Yes it doesn't have power seats, but it does still have the lumbar support adjustments.

It's designed exactly for the scenario you described.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
For those who are tall (6'3 and up), how big a deal is the no power seats? I have the power seats in my '05 all the way down and still don't have much clearance, so I'm concerned what the situation will be with no power seats. Do they sit higher?
NWE
AG
Just get the sunroof.

Bob_Ag
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

I think the STX is the best value out there now for an F150.

You can equip it with as much or as little as you want, and there are 4 engine choices.

$145 bucks gets you carpet over vinyl.

My truck doesn't have power seats (yet), and its not really that big of a deal because my truck is driven by me 99.8% of the time.
I agree about the STX package, including the F250s. Hard to see the advantage of paying more for the XLT.
Oknows
AG
Is the interior significantly different as far as quality of material? I know I need to go drive one, but just curious.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Crazy how simple things are to add on now that everything is ran through the computer
The Lost
tailgatetimer10 said:

Crazy how simple things are to add on now that everything is ran through the computer
it's a give and a take... because it's also now impossible to pair a fob/keypad without going to someone who has IDS/dealer basically even though it takes 2 seconds to do.
Macarthur
Maximus_Meridius said:

For those who are tall (6'3 and up), how big a deal is the no power seats? I have the power seats in my '05 all the way down and still don't have much clearance, so I'm concerned what the situation will be with no power seats. Do they sit higher?
I'm about 6'2" and I do not have power seats. Works fine for me. My son is 6'5" and he complains a bit but I don't think it's cramped by any stretch.
TSUAggie
I am getting closer to pulling the trigger on a new truck as well. Most likely the STX. I tow approx 3,000 pounds often, so I'm guessing I'd need to go with the 5.0. Or would the 2.7 be more than enough?
McInnis 03
AG
If i were towing is go v8. Co worker had some issues with oil leaks on his boost with excessive towing. Ford Tech's had told him it's a common issue.

I never checked the veracity of the claim
Agmechanic
AG
I have a 2017 XL, FX4, 3.5 boost, 6.5' bed, crew cab, sync 3, trailer back up thingy, trailer brakes. Cloth seats with rubber floors.

Best truck I have owned in a while. I was out the door for 38,500
a gmechanic 01@gma i l (no spaces)
CATAGBQ04
AG
Thinking a BOOST will be my next truck in the set up above.

Max tow F150 can pull 13,200 lbs

My gasser F250 is rated at 12,500 and rides like a log wagon.
tailgatetimer10
AG
So basically the only thing that you can't, or that is not cost effective, upgrade is BLIS and any driver assist? On the stx model specifically
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I've seen people put the laser cruise in XL trucks.

McInnis 03
AG
Had Joe Myers at 39670 - 5k dealer discount - 7050 in rebates...

Then they tried to slide in a $600 spray in liner, $200 lock lugs, and $300 window tint all while low balling trade.

Had to walk.

So close.
GTIAG09
AG
Don't these come with "privacy glass" from the factory? Is that just the rear window?

But yeah, I would have walked if they weren't budging on their add-ons.
bkag9824
AG
What configuration?
bkag9824
AG
Mystery double post
AggieKatie2
AG
Are you saying it was 39 after those rebates and discounts or that it was 39 then minus those amounts you listed for something in the 20s?

For reference I just purchased an XLT Sport 4x4 3.5L at CS Ford for 40.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
bkag9824 said:

What configuration?

Sounds like an STX with the baby boost.

I picked mine up yesterday from TV Columbus.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.