Camarillo ZL1

3,181 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ILikeTacos
AggieKatie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never been big on Chevys but I'm thinking a used one in a year or 2 when they are 35k instead of 60 sounds pretty good.

Camaro.....damn you epic spellcheck fail
Goat Man
AG
That really is a funny spell correct

Camarillo. Ha!
chimpanzee
I've never driven something with that much power, but I'd like to, it's going to be bonkers.

The Camaro body style looks a bit more cartoonish than I prefer, but if you like the way they look, all reports are that the newer chassis handles and rides really well too.

I should have picked up an SS.
IDAGG
AG
A Camarillo is just a yellow Camaro! So no spelling correction needed.
Flaith
AG
The track times for them are bonkers - even more bonkers once you realize its a Camaro
AgEng06
AG
IDAGG said:

A Camarillo is just a yellow Camaro! So no spelling correction needed.
You got it, holmes!
JB
AG
"Camarillo by morning, up really fast from San Antone.......".
easttexasaggie04
AG
This thread delivers.
tk for tu juan
chimpanzee said:

I've never driven something with that much power, but I'd like to, it's going to be bonkers.

These modern high horsepower cars are fairly easy to daily drive with the current tire, traction control, and suspension technology. Only problem it is hard to downgrade in power once you own one.

I've had urges to get a 4Runner, quick blips of full throttle make it hard to get rid of the GT-500
chimpanzee
tk for tu juan said:

chimpanzee said:

These modern high horsepower cars are fairly easy to daily drive with the current tire, traction control, and suspension technology. Only problem it is hard to downgrade in power once you own one.

I've had urges to get a 4Runner, quick blips of full throttle make it hard to get rid of the GT-500
I had a '14 Mustang GT for a while, and using 10/10ths of its power had you doing extra-legal speeds almost instantly. It was a matter of how little throttle you had to use to blow by people driving normally. The ZL1's have half again more horsepower if I remember correctly. Traction control would keep you off the curbs, but I ended up having to go out of my way to find anywhere to enjoy what it was capable of, so I joined the herd and bought an F150.
AgEng06
AG
chimpanzee said:

tk for tu juan said:

chimpanzee said:

using 10/10ths of its power
Given the context of this post...

TXAG9
AG
Camarow: Warning: Language

aggiebq03+
If you are talking the redesigned one:

1. A new one isn't gonna be $60k

2. They won't be $35k in 2 years.
meggy09
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

Source on that?? Seems like what I'm seeing that's likely pretty close to accurate.
AggieKatie2
AG
KBB 5 year estimates are that it will depreciate by $40,000. Mustang GT350 shows 35,000.
tony
AG
The crazy lap times are for the z28 not the supercharged zl1
tk for tu juan
The ZL1 1LE is faster than the Z/28
AggieKatie2
AG
tk for tu juan said:

The ZL1 1LE is faster than the Z/28

I believe the next gen Z28 is supposed to be 700+ HP which would be about the ZL1, but the ZL1 isn't slow by any measure
ILikeTacos
AG
Wife has the four door version of this car (V3) and I have had the pleasure of driving a ZL1 at Cresson. I love the car and the motor.
aggiebq03+
meggy09 said:

aggiebq03+ said:

Source on that?? Seems like what I'm seeing that's likely pretty close to accurate.

They invented this thing called the internet.
Makes t easy to look stuff up.
meggy09
AG
Yeah. Cool thing that internet. It showed me that they MSRP at around $65k and there's probably a hundred listed on cars/Autotrader etc. at or under 60. Plus multiple 2 year old cars at dealers for 35-40.

So what I was getting at, brah, is why you think the OP is not reasonable.
aggiebq03+
Cause when I looked on Autotrader

The cheapest 2017 ZL1 (used) is $47k. This car will not be $35k next year when it's 2 years old.

I didn't see the $58k new ones. So I stand corrected on that. Good luck getting the price, I see they mostly say "contact dealer for price info". I'd love to hear if anyone got a ZL1 for under $60k before TT&L.
AggieKatie2
AG
Went and looked at one in person to make sure I liked it and man does it look MEAN....really like the car (inside, outside, performance). My main concern is those rear tires. Supposedly even under normal driving you burn through them in 3-5k miles. Not cheap to replace.
Flaith
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

Went and looked at one in person to make sure I liked it and man does it look MEAN....really like the car (inside, outside, performance). My main concern is those rear tires. Supposedly even under normal driving you burn through them in 3-5k miles. Not cheap to replace.
comes with the territory. This is a purpose built machine, and it needs the right tires. This isn't your daily driver grand am we're talking about
ILikeTacos
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

Uh yea. 650 hp, good compound tires = no life. Put some Michelin Pilot Super Sport/4S (whatever the new one is) on it after you burn through the first set and hopefully you get 10-15K miles out of them.

Could always be worse, I daily my 911 Turbo and run Cup2's on it. I hope to get 5K miles out of this set and they are ~$380 a tire. Just comes with sports car territory, pay to play!
moore42
AG
2700 miles on my Z06 drag radials. I hope to get to 4k, they are less than half wear.
aggiebq03+
ILikeTacos said:

I daily my 911 Turbo and run Cup2's on it. I hope to get 5K miles out of this set and they are ~$380 a tire. Just comes with sports car territory, pay to play!

That's a lot of tacos.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Good lord!

Good thing a sports car will always be a second car for me.
sts7049
AG
yup. as a V owner i know the pain of tire costs
ILikeTacos
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Good lord!

Good thing a sports car will always be a second car for me.
Meh, technically it is a second car (third?). But I just love driving it, so I do instead of my truck. Now when it is dumping 6" of rain this week up here in Dallas I have been driving the truck but every chance I get I prefer to drive the 911.

Also on every other sports car I have had I run two sets of wheels and tires for daily duty and track duty. Problem with this car is every wheel I have found worth it's salt for track duty is >$1000 a piece and I just have no desire to spend that much on wheels. Thus I run the good tires on the stock wheels that are surprisingly very light.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.