Buying a 2016 Honda CR-V with very, very low miles in Houston

1,571 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by longeryak
Human
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been looking on line and I find a 2016 CRV with unusually low miles. Perfect condition as you can imagine.
I was leery because of the recent flooding there. So I asked for the VIN.

I get the VIN number and pay for the Car Fax report. Shows it to be totally Clean. I then notice the sticky on the top of this page(thanks Automotive Board) and it seems CF is not all what it's cracked up to be. Apparently they are excellent marketers.

So then I enter the VIN here:
https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vehicle/land.php

It shows it "clean" as well except, "Junk / Salvage" Record. Aha, not so clean after all.

So the salesmen tells me that they picked up the car from auction. Apparently a dealer somewhere in the Midwest couldn't sell the car. Is this the life cycle of an unwanted car?

So my question to you fine folk is "what happens to cars on lots that don't get sold"? Do they get sent to "salvage", in this case an auction? Why would the report state "Junk and Salvage" when there was no history of any accident(s)?

Anything else I should be looking for?

tia

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Welp, that makes it pretty much a no for me unless its half priced.
aggiepaintrain
AG
it was either flooded, in a severe accident, or had severe hail damage.

Only if I could confirm hail damage totaled it would I even consider it, otherwise I would pass on this.

Factory warranty is likely void, you are obviously dealing with a dealer who is shady as f
03_Aggie
Buy it and then sue them for fraud.
The Lost
From having lived in the midwest thats some bs. It would eventually sell because it'd be priced to sell if it was there long enough. It's a crv, not a ford fiesta that's bright orange.
Mookie
AG
Most dealers have an inventory turn policy that prevents them from keeping it until it sells. 60% of the used cars on dealer lots have been through an auction at some point.

If you email me the VIN I would be happy to check it out.
Human
AG
email sent
longeryak
Mookie said:

Most dealers have an inventory turn policy that prevents them from keeping it until it sells. 60% of the used cars on dealer lots have been through an auction at some point.

If you email me the VIN I would be happy to check it out.
Generally, if it is still on the lot after three months back to auction it goes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.