2014 Escape

896 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BrazosDog02
VitruvianAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I take the car in for it's maintenance, 45K I think.

Rear driver's side seat actuating cable broke on my wife a few months ago just after that last service.

Asked the dealer to see about replacing the cable......$700 bucks the tech says. BS, I said.

He comes back to me that the only way to repair is to replace the seat frame. Their parts department said you couldn't get the cable separately.

I found it on the internet from other Ford dealers.

I can do it myself, but I would have paid for someone's couple of hours.
Anybody run into this sort of Ford fix?

Haven't looked on YouTube yet.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I've done it on a 2013. It's tedious but not difficult.

Other alternative is to find a local trim shop to do the repair.
chimpanzee
Many (if not most) car dealers lie. Sales, service, finance, you name it. I just don't get how that became an acceptable business model.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
chimpanzee said:

Many (if not most) car dealers lie. Sales, service, finance, you name it. I just don't get how that became an acceptable business model.
Because most people don't know any better and they prefer to stay willfully ignorant.
BrazosDog02
AG
chimpanzee said:

I think it's because you are in a day and age where time is more valuable than money. And because of that, it doesn't take long for the people to simply not know how to do anything on a vehicle. So, now you have 30 year olds that don't know how to change a tire, much less do brakes or oil changes, and he's probably working 60 hours a week because he accepts what someone tells him...and there you have it. Someone willing to pay a **** ton of money for simple things, which is OK since he doesn't know how to do it anyway.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.