Jeep Wranglers

84,152 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Furlock Bones
RickSawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has there been a thread created for all the Wrangler owners here to share pictures, stories, adventure, ask questions etc? I know there are lots of Jeep owners around, some very impressive builds and some weekend warrior types...

If there isn't a thread, lets kick it off right here! If there is a thread, lets kill this thread and give new life to the old thread.

I have a 2006 TJ Wrangler with 23k mikes, 4.0, 6 speed manual, 44 in the rear from factory , Rubicon Express 4.5" long arm suspension, terraflex 1" body lift, 35's, 4:56 gears *****tybuilt 9500lb wench, front and rear bumpers. To install, Currie antirock front and currie heavy duty steering.

Honest use currently is weekend duty. Plan on running Matagorda this summer chasing birds with flyrods up and down the shore this summer... but I have planned on doing this for two years now so... don't hold your breath. Would eventually enjoy really building a true low center build with real axles, lockers, suspension but will have to wait for now.

-Rick
FIDO*98*
AG
'06 TJ 4.0L as well. Way ahead of you at a whopping 27K on the odometer. Mainly used to run around New Braunfels/Gruene on the weekends when the weather is good. I've been wanting to lift it, but, it's more my wife's car and she likes it as is. It'll be getting sandy this summer for sure as we just bought a place on North Padre

CATAGBQ04
AG
OKAY, I'LL PLAY!

2014 JKU Sport Manual hardtop...92k miles, ordered and took delivery in Nov of '13 with factory leather, heated seats and power everything.

- Sprintex supercharger (at 80k)
- Dyno'd and custom tuned (330hp/320tq to wheels)
- Magnaflow Krawler high tuck exhaust
- Stock clutch (I know right?!)
- Adams driveshafts front and rear
- Rubi Rocktrak 4:1 t-case (Thank you mis-labeled LKQ listing!)
- 4.56 gears
- Eaton E lockers front and rear
- Front Dana-Spicer Ultimate 44 crate axle, chromolys and all the goodies it came with
- JKS front disconnects
- Teraflex high steer knuckles
- Synergy track bar and tie rods
- Rear stock axle with Synergy truss and chromolys
- 37" BFG KM2s on 17x9 ATX 199s
- Teraflex Speedbumps front and rear
- EBC drilled slotted rotors front and rear with Green Stuff pads
- Stainless brakes lines
- PSC Big Bore steering box (I lub this)
- OEM steering pump replaced with steering box
- JCR engine, evap and tank skids
- Rock Krawler 3.5" X-factor mid arm kit with Fox shocks (4.5 rear for the crap I carry around)
- LOD stubby bumper up front
- Baja Designs Onx6 10" light bar up front and Rigid cubes on windshield
- Warn VR12S winch
- Rubi OEM trimmed skids
- Hyline full size rear bumper
- Teraflex rear tire carrier with CB and Rotopax mount
- Teraflex roof rack (also have a Tepui Ayer Sky rooftop tent)
- MCE Fenders front and rear
- Uniden CB mounted above rear view
- Spyder Shade top
- Hyline alum hood vent

That's all I can think of right now...damn, I've never typed it all out before.

I've been building it for 4 years into an all around fun rig...I drove it for work for the first 2 years of its life and 72k miles, then the real fun started!

Been all over Texas, MOAB, New Mexico and Lousiana...heading to the MTB Fest in Terlingua this weekend!

https://instagr.am/p/BcH2f4pDfSM

https://instagr.am/p/BdInPaTjfdo

https://instagr.am/p/BdTK31hDJ9h

Prune Tracy
K Bo
AG
2005 TJU, 6spd, D44 rear, stock 3.73 gears, 69k mi

Purchased from CA over a year ago. Right now it serves weekend/nice weather duty but I'm hoping this year to get out of town and break some axles so I can upgrade. I also plan on doing the aforementioned Matagorda trip. (If you read my other thread on selling I've decided to keep it for the time being)

new home in Houston:

As she sits today:

Rubicon Express 4.5" short arm lift kit
Bilstein shocks
SYE kit
Tom Wood's drive shaft
Currie AntiRock
Currie CurrectLync HD steering system + TeraFlex steering stabilizer
35"x12.5" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R on ProComp cheapy wheels (hoping to get some SCS wheels at some point)
Trucklite LED headlights
Black headlight bezels
GR8TOPS EXOGATE heavy duty rear door hinge
BestTop 54721-35 SuperTop NX w/ sunroof over a SpiderwebShade
IGGEE black vinyl Seat Covers
BedRug full carpet kit
The previous owner replaced steering wheel, door panels, and shift knob
JB
AG
A buddy of mine built this about 10 years ago and I bought it from him about 2 years ago to replace my TJ.

92 YJ
ax15
Atlas
Spider 9 front housing with 60 outers
Ford 9 rear with 40 splines
5.13s
39" Krawler Reds.
PSC hydro

Its getting a little rough, so I have been thinking about tearing down and building something else, but it currently works very well.

This is in Clayton back in December

Aggietaco
AG
Is that Busa's old ride?
JB
AG
Aggietaco said:

Is that Busa's old ride?
Yeah. All I've done is tires, transmission, York, and maintenance. Thing just work, but its getting pretty ugly. Plus I need to get away from being the guy wheeling Busa's old rig and build something of my own again.
RickSawyer
AG
JB said:

Aggietaco said:

Is that Busa's old ride?
Yeah. All I've done is tires, transmission, York, and maintenance. Thing just work, but its getting pretty ugly. Plus I need to get away from being the guy wheeling Busa's old rig and build something of my own again.
I wouldn't worry about it being someone's old rig. I think it looks great. I sure do love YJ's and have considered building a more trail worthy rig on YJ instead of a cleaner TJ example.
Aggietaco
AG
Paint or new body panels will solve that problem. Bumble bee paint job is the only reason I recognized it since I'm so far out of the TAMOR circle these days.
Kuz89
AG
2013 JKU Rubi - 90K

Rock Krawler 3.5 Max Travel
37" Cooper Discoverer SST Pros
Bunch of other crap

Edit. Google Photo for the fail. I'll figure something else out.

Great thread idea!

K Bo
AG
Not sure if you brah's saw that SCS started making wheels for JK's. I have matte dark bronze Ray10's on my white Tacoma and I'd love to get some matte dark bronze [something] on my white LJ.

https://www.stealthcustomseries.com/products/jeep
BQRyno
AG
Are those bead locks or is that just aesthetic?
K Bo
AG
Just aesthetic
JB
AG
K Bo said:

Not sure if you brah's saw that SCS started making wheels for JK's. I have matte dark bronze Ray10's on my white Tacoma and I'd love to get some matte dark bronze [something] on my white LJ.

https://www.stealthcustomseries.com/products/jeep
Whats their strategy? I found SCS about a week ago, and noticed they only have wheels come up for sale once a month and they are all gone very quick. I want a set of SR8s for my wife's 4Runner, but they make it pretty difficult to buy.

Facebook says they get the next order in tonight, so I will give it a shot.
K Bo
AG
I bought my Ray10's during their last release and it was a bit of cluster f. They advertised, via social media, the colors and sizes that were going to be available on X date at 6pm PT. I set a reminder on my calendar to be at my computer 5min til 8pm CT to be ready to go at the top of the hour. I refreshed at 8:00pm CT and tried to add 4 to my cart and kept getting an error that there were none available, yet the website showed them in stock. I went to the their instagram page and saw that everyone was having the same issue but I kept trying and persistence paid off. At around 8:20 I was finally able to add 4 to my cart and purchase them.

After that I had zero issues. I contacted them about a week later after not receiving a tracking number and they instructed they were shipping them out in the order the orders were placed but would ship mine out that afternoon. They arrived a couple days later and were packaged very securley and looked great!

Their limited release sucks but I guess it's driving some demand for them. I don't think the issue I experienced is typical but I would be ready at the moment they say they're going to release them.

ok, back to Jeeps!
DougN11
2016 Red JK Willy's edition. Manual trans.
- 2.5" teraflex suspension lift with teraflex shocks
- Barricade trailforce bumper
- Raxiom offroad lights
- Raxiom LED headlights
- Smittybuilt 9500 lb wench

I made a deal with my wife that I could get 35"
off road tires after the factory mud terrains are worn out. Now I work from home so I don't think will ever happen.
BQRyno
AG
2016 JKU 75th Anniversary, but I need some new pics

3.5" Metalcloak Lift with Fox Shocks
35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
Ace Rock Sliders (not pictured)
Mesh Grill Protector
Gorilla Locks Lug Nuts
Mopar Door Sill Protectors
MORE Dead Pedal
AntennaX Stubby
Grabars
Electric Hoist in the garage
SpiderWebShade
Fuel Door (not pictured)
Locking Gas Cap
Doors Off Mirrors
Driver Side Lock Box
Teraflex Hinged Carrier
Tail Light Protectors

Goose
AG
Traded my F150 to another TA poster for this '05 Unlimited back in January. I really, really like it...my kids (boy 12 and girl 14) absolutely LOVE it, and Mrs. Goose, well...I think she's starting to come around on it.

TexAgsAnon
Goose said:

Traded my F150 to another TA poster for this '05 Unlimited back in January. I really, really like it...my kids (boy 12 and girl 14) absolutely LOVE it, and Mrs. Goose, well...I think she's starting to come around on it.

I remember that thread, you got the good end of that deal, that's a beauty.

Nearly stock '17 JKU, already have 32k on him. He's about to hit 11 national parks visited, here's Bryce Canyon.

All my mods have been interior related so far.

lawless89
Okay am I the only one on here without a Jeep??
RickSawyer
AG
Some very cool jeeps here! Hopeful we can keep the thread updated with trip reports, broken parts, adventures and cool photos!

-Rick
BQRyno
AG
lawless89 said:

YES
Tree Hugger
AG
I've been drooling over the JLU Sahara lately. Luckily for my bank account, the colors I want aren't available yet. that being said, I really like my current truck and not having any kind of payment. I'm not sure if I will be able to talk myself into an expensive toy that I really don't need.
RickSawyer
AG
Tree Hugger said:

an expensive toy that I really don't need.

AKA - Jeep Wrangler
RynoAg
AG
98 TJ Sport. 4.0 5 spd. I'm the third owner, originally came from New Mexico. Have plans to lift and upgrade to 33s, but it just hasn't happened yet. Doors off and topless is the life!

In her natural environment...
easttexasaggie04
AG

My 1942 Willys MB that I've been working on for the last several years. My grandfather gave it to me before he passed. My mother used it as her daily driver in HS. It now has a windshield and serial numbers on the sides. I haven't taken a recent picture,
MouthBQ98
AG
Speaking of...someone posted an older Jeep for sale on the classifieds board for a reasonable price.
Kuz89
AG
Some poser pics from an Ouray / Moab trip this past September.

Engineer Pass

Cinnamon Pass

Animas Forks

Top of the World

Gold Bar Rim

Golden Crack

Rusty Nail

OregonAggie
AG
lawless89 said:

Nah. I'm just here to admire the thread!

Great idea and it's really cool to see all these rigs!
Street Fighter
AG
Scale model

TexAgsAnon
You said you wanted repairs...just accidentally closed my garage onto my open tailgate =( =( =(

Never dealt with cracked paint like this, the dent itself will be easily bent back out, latch is unaffected.

Gigemags05
AG
I have a 1980 CJ7 that I restored. Put a 92 4.0 into it.

Aginoh
AG
This is great. I just bought a lifted '12 Sahara. I'll get a pic when I can. It's my daily right now, but we'll see where it goes.
@AgInFville [url]http://twitter.com/#!/AginFville[/url]
Street Fighter
AG
Still caged up, but not too far from finished.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.