Thanks Automotive Board (F150 Bilsteins)

4,743 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bob_Ag
Bob_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got my 5100s installed front and rear yesterday. Front struts set to the second highest setting (1.75") and rear has the standard factory block (1.25"). Also had a set of Cooper ST MAXX 27570r18 tires put on. I've heard a lot of good things about these as they are a hybrid AT/MT. So far, I love the look and stance of the truck. I've had bilsteins before so I knew I would like the ride, even with E rated tires. They also really fill out the wheel wells and look good on the stock rims. I've only driven them briefly, but I would say they are quieter than my worn out Nittos. There is a hum though from the aggressive tread, but nothing like a real mud terrain. Still considering raising the rear a bit to regain some rake as I definitely haul and tow with this truck.

Also, check out tirebuyer.com. By far the best pricing I could find.

Before level and tires.

After level and tires. Should have pointed the truck in the same direction as there is a grade in the driveway. Oops. Truck is also filthy as well.

Then I took off the running boards as I was never really a fan.

Picard
AG
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Set of 4 Bilstein 5100s ordered Thursday 2/15 from Stage 3 were delivered Tuesday 2/20 via free shipping.

Installed today on the highest setting in the front to be level plus alignment. Looks great! I thought someone had repositioned my driver's seat it was so different. Most of the difference I notice is from the change in ride height vs. the shock quality. These shocks are definitely firmer than the worn out factory shocks, but the small bumps in the road seem the same. They do handle the large bumps much better though. No regrets.

Picard
AG
I like those new tires! Might have to do the same myself in 10k-15k when my Michelin LTXs are done.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw the price!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
They're more expensive than the LTXs you have?

I'm not the biggest fan of cooper but they're quality has improved since I last dealt with tires on a daily basis in college.
Picard
AG
Yes, they are. On your Tire Buyer link the difference is $20/tire more for the Cooper. Same result for Discount Tire.

I had expected the Coopers to be a bargain compared to Michelin.
Bob_Ag
AG
They are expensive, but so are all 2757018 mud terrain type tires. They are cheaper than Nitto trail grapplers or or Toyo MTs.

Michelins are expensive because of their longevity, but they are Street tires.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.