Best truck battery

1,961 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by chaca5151
chaca5151
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I need to get a new battery for my 2013 tundra, back several years ago optimum battery were the best. Is that still the case? I was thinking about picking up a used one and placing it on a trickle charger.
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Any new battery is going to be better than a used optima....
HvilleAggie
AG
Interstate
Terk
AG
I'd get a flat plate AGM. Where are you located?
chaca5151
San Marcos, Texas
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Costco, Sams, Walmart, Autozone, Advance all sell decent batteries, either lead acid or AGM.

IMO unless your truck sits for long times, or you're constantly off road, hardcore wheelin, using your badlands winch to pull your bros out, blasting Florida Georgia line through six 15s and performance grade amps, or have a bunch of lights mounted to your RBP Grille and push bar, I dont see the need/additional cost for an AGM.

Batteries are 100 bucks and they typically last you 3 or 4 years of Texas driving. Pick any of the ones I mentioned, and buy the little felt washers and carry on. Hell, your Toyota dealer may even have a special this month for a Toyota TrueStart battery.
BrazosDog02
AG
Advance Auto Gold....with 25-30% off coupon....

#WINNING

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Advance Auto Gold....with 25-30% off coupon....

#WINNING

#TRT30
sushi94
AG
I bought 2 optima's - both lasted about 4 years. I would not spend the money on another one.
green7
I will never buy another advanced auto battery. I had 2 go bad in ~ 4 years. Every time they would fatally fail and leave me stranded not even taking a jump.

100% stock Tundra and had my factory battery last almost 7 years.

Go buy a costco battery. 3 year warranty no questions asked.

ghollow
AG
Check Northern Tool. They sell Interstate batteries. Cheapest place I have found to buy them. Plus it is pretty easy to find a coupon.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
agdaddy04
AG
4 years isn't bad at all.
robertcope
I went with an X2Power from Batteries+Plus. It's supposed to be one of the highest quality AGM batteries out there. They are expensive, though. I've also used ODYSSEY in the past, which are also high quality AGM batteries.
Gigemags05
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Costco, Sams, Walmart, Autozone, Advance all sell decent batteries, either lead acid or AGM.

IMO unless your truck sits for long times, or you're constantly off road, hardcore wheelin, using your badlands winch to pull your bros out, blasting Florida Georgia line through six 15s and performance grade amps, or have a bunch of lights mounted to your RBP Grille and push bar, I dont see the need/additional cost for an AGM.

Batteries are 100 bucks and they typically last you 3 or 4 years of Texas driving. Pick any of the ones I mentioned, and buy the little felt washers and carry on. Hell, your Toyota dealer may even have a special this month for a Toyota TrueStart battery.

I'm not sure this is getting its due credit.
chaca5151
I went with the Advanced Auto Parts gold one, with the discount and all in I think I paid 140. Couldn't spend 200 on a battery. Heck they even changed it out for me so it was a win in my book. Bad thing is my truck still isn't starting good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.