Rule #1 on new truck

5,943 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pahdz
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

2018 Toyota Tundra SR5 Crewmax. I've had a Tacoma before, but this is my first Tundra. It got my kiddos approval.
CDUB98
AG
Dammitt, you're trying to bribe us Boooost guys into accepting your truck by including your cute kids!!

coolerguy12
AG
Of course the kids approve. Their space just tripled. Plus now their dad can get a space shuttle.
saltydog13
AG
Nice pic. Got my 2017 crewmax a few months ago as well. Went with the TRD Off Road instead of TSS package though
easttexasaggie04
AG
To be honest I'm not sure what the difference is.
Corps_Ag12
AG
So i guess you made the light go away long enough on the F150 to trade it in?
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yep the Toyota people offered me $15,500 with whatever was going on with my Ford.
sts7049
AG
so basically you just needed an excuse to buy a new truck huh.

reproag
AG
Congratulations on the new truck.
I will NEVER apologize for being American
hatchback
AG
I'm not much of a Toyota guy, but that's a good lookin' truck.
Silvy
AG
When's the supercharger install?
KY AG
AG
Big fan of the updated multi information display and grille on the 2018s. Congrats!
KY AG
AG
coolerguy12 said:

Of course the kids approve. Their space just tripled. Plus now their dad can get a space shuttle.

The staying power of this joke is amazing. Every time a Tundra space shuttle joke gets brought up it's like 20 stars minimum. I get it, it was a stupid commercial, but it's like the dilly dilly of trucks that won't go away.
EMY92
AG
SPACE SHUTTLE!!!
KY AG
AG
I went ahead and starred it for you - congrats on your 20 new stars.
coolerguy12
AG
I pretty much post it everytime I get a chance. When your truck has proven the ability to tow a GD space shuttle you don't let people forget about it.
KY AG
AG
OXDL45
AG
Sweet!
Ag for Life
AG
Nice ride, you won't regret your choice!
RangerRick9211
AG
reproag said:

Congratulations on the new truck.
And congrats on the sex. Twice.
AustinCountyAg
I've been eyeing the new tundras bad.... can you get leather and a sunroof in the sr5's yet???

Also not sure what you paid but I've seen sr5's costing more than limited's? What gives?
drumboy
AG
KY AG said:

coolerguy12 said:

The staying power of this joke is amazing. Every time a Tundra space shuttle joke gets brought up it's like 20 stars minimum. I get it, it was a stupid commercial, but it's like the dilly dilly of trucks that won't go away.
My daughter's stepdad just got a new Dodge and she told me that he's always comparing it to my Tundra (2012 w/ 155K miles) like giving it gas, "Does your dad's truck do this?!" or showing off whatever feature 2018 Rams have, "Does your dad's truck do this?!"

I then told her that my truck can pull the space shuttle and showed her the Youtube. She thought it was pretty freaking cool.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
chimpanzee
drumboy said:

KY AG said:

coolerguy12 said:

My daughter's stepdad just got a new Dodge and she told me that he's always comparing it to my Tundra (2012 w/ 155K miles) like giving it gas, "Does your dad's truck do this?!" or showing off whatever feature 2018 Rams have, "Does your dad's truck do this?!"

I then told her that my truck can pull the space shuttle and showed her the Youtube. She thought it was pretty freaking cool.
Your ex seems to have married a tool.
drumboy
AG
chimpanzee said:

drumboy said:

KY AG said:

coolerguy12 said:

Well he does drive a Ram truck.....
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

KY AG
AG
drumboy said:

KY AG said:

coolerguy12 said:

To go with another joke that never dies, tell your daughter to start packing a fire extinguisher when she rides with stepdad.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I don't think you can get an SR5 with leather, but I'm getting it added today. I have no idea on the sunroof because that was't something I really needed.

I am pumped about the back window that rolls all the way down. Seems like a good way to evacuate a bad fart in a hurry.
Aggiemike96
AG
drumboy said:

chimpanzee said:

drumboy said:

KY AG said:

coolerguy12 said:

Does he wear bedazzled jeans too?
drumboy
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I don't think you can get an SR5 with leather, but I'm getting it added today. I have no idea on the sunroof because that was't something I really needed.

I am pumped about the back window that rolls all the way down. Seems like a good way to evacuate a bad fart in a hurry.
My 2012 SR5 has leather but not sure about current models. The full sliding back window is also good to distract or drown out a crying baby.

bam02
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Our 2014 SR5 has leather but I think it was a GST add-on.

And yes... the back window is great for that, and awesome in general.
coolerguy12
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

This X100. Unfortunately my wife figured out why I randomly crack my window and the rear window. I did catch her doing it on the Sequoia a couple times though so I know she approves.
idAg09
easttexasaggie04 said:

How much extra does it cost to add leather? Get a good deal on the truck?

I started looking at prices on trucks just like yours and leather would be great too. Nice looking truck!
TylerAg98
AG
Aggiemike96 said:

drumboy said:

chimpanzee said:

drumboy said:

KY AG said:

coolerguy12 said:

Does he wear bedazzled jeans too?
Underrated post!!!
Bob_Ag
AG
idAg09 said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

How much extra does it cost to add leather? Get a good deal on the truck?

I started looking at prices on trucks just like yours and leather would be great too. Nice looking truck!
Curious about the cost of adding leather from GST as well.
easttexasaggie04
AG
It cost me roughly $1100 to add leather on this truck. I also added a trifold bed cover for another $1000. I kinda wish I had added a screen in the back for the kids.
Corps_Ag12
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

It cost me roughly $1100 to add leather on this truck. I also added a trifold bed cover for another $1000. I kinda wish I had added a screen in the back for the kids.

I think its frowned upon to make them ride in the bed if the truck, even if you have the back window down. Although I wouldn't want them crawling through the window either.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.