Help: ID Headlight from broken pieces?

2,286 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Fife
Gooder Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any ideas on how to ID the car make and model from pieces of a headlight that I have taped together? I fear I am missing too much of the light to make any progress on this.

The pieces were on the ground under my fiance's car, and also in the parking space next to her. She's missing a red tail light which is nowhere to be found. These, and a tire mark, are the only potential clues as to who might have done what appears to be a swipe and run from someone taking a corner too fast in a parking garage.

Any clues and ideas are appreciated.

surveillancevantexags at gmail
sts7049
AG
i think you're out of luck. whoever could figure this out should be the #1 internet detective for life.
Gooder Poster
AG
Agreed. I'm just gonna have to old fashioned gumshoe this one by checking all the cars at night for clues.

I look forward to people's suspicions that I'm a criminal myself.
Aggiemike96
AG
OP username does NOT check out.
TSJ
AG
Any part numbers stamped in the pieces you have? Can you see about surveillance cameras looking at her vehicle or near by?

Also any picks of her car?
Gooder Poster
AG
TSJ said:

Any part numbers stamped in the pieces you have? Can you see about surveillance cameras looking at her vehicle or near by?

Also any picks of her car?
No part numbers. First thing I looked for.

No cameras near there, either. Only at the main entrance.

We'll ask the office to review tapes of Ins and outs to narrow down when it might have happened, but I'm not sure that gets us anywhere other than knowing for insurance purposes that it was a not at fault accident.

I have so car pics but that won't tell you much I'm afraid. But if I'm wrong I'm glad to post one.
Gooder Poster
AG
Aggiemike96 said:

OP username does NOT check out.
Was waiting for that one.
TSJ
AG
This is a little crazy, but the only thing close that I came up with is an Alfa Guilia. It has the same tight taper on the right side of your lens.

Gooder Poster
AG
Wow, that really does look like a perfect match from the picture.

Thanks for putting the effort into that. I'm gonna go a surveillance run through the garage later to see if I find anything. I'll be looking to see if someone drives something that nice.
EMY92
AG
Saw one of these on the road today and thought of this thread.

GrimesCoAg95
AG
How high on your car is the damage?
Gooder Poster
AG
Roughly anywhere from 18-23 inches from the ground.

Two pics of the damage. (Sorry for the links. Don't know why the image embed isn't working.)

https://imgur.com/gqeZsuZ

https://imgur.com/0AcRGdL
CanyonAg77
AG
Surveillance Van said:

Roughly anywhere from 18-23 inches from the ground.

Two pics of the damage. (Sorry for the links. Don't know why the image embed isn't working.)

https://imgur.com/gqeZsuZ

https://imgur.com/0AcRGdL

Because you're linking the web page, instead of the image location.

Gooder Poster
AG
Used the same method as I used for the pic in OP.

Thanks for the assist, though!
CanyonAg77
AG
Surveillance Van said:

Used the same method as I used for the pic in OP.

Thanks for the assist, though!
All I know is that in your post from yesterday, you have the links to the entire page. Your OP has the inage location, not the entire imagur page. I went to the links in your post, right-clicked on the image, hit "copy image location" and pasted that result in the TexAgs image link, which puts it in the img /img tags (in brackets)

I'm using Firefox
Gooder Poster
AG
Yeah, sorry didn't mean that to sound argumentative. Just found it odd that it worked once and not the second time. Appreciate the help.
CanyonAg77
AG
I apologize as well. My feelings were not hurt, did not intend to sound that way.
Gooder Poster
AG
We saw a red Nissan Altima last night in our apartments that had significant damage to the front right bumper.

Couldn't get a picture bc they were driving in front of us, but their plate number is FLD 5421.
The Fife
Surveillance Van said:

We saw a red Nissan Altima last night in our apartments that had significant damage to the front right bumper.

Couldn't get a picture bc they were driving in front of us, but their plate number is FLD 5421.
Would be awesome if you found it again and the broken pieces fit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.