Buying a flooded truck for farm use?

891 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sts7049
jbeaman88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm considering looking into finding a flooded 4x4 1/2 or 3/4 ton pickup truck (running and driving) for use mostly around the farm but would see occasional use driving into town about 15 miles, towing equipment, etc. Seems like a way to possibly save some money on something that doesn't have to be perfect.

Any suggested sources for picking up one of these for someone without a dealer license?

Any other opinions on this approach (ducking and running)?
MouthBQ98
AG
Depends on how badly flooded and how long, and what they did to recover it, and if it has a lot of electronics that may be adversely afffected.

Unless they got it out fast, drained it fast, dried it fast, refilled it with fresh fluids fast, and test ran it to clear major issues, I would be wary. Most flooded vehicles are only good for parting out certain components.
jbeaman88
AG
My understanding that some vehicles that only got Harvey water into the floorboards were totaled and might be available. I've had cars before that took on this much water and had no issues once they were dried out. Any good way to tell how badly one was flooded?
sts7049
AG
gonna have to inspect carefully all around. look for rust signs, dirt marks where water was, etc. will be harder to tell if it was detailed to try to cover it up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.