What would you drive? - Exotic Cars

2,932 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pepper Brooks
Pepper Brooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going on a bachelor party next month and we're taking my buddy to a track where we can drive some fun cars before the debauchery begins. I'm looking for some input on what to drive...

What would be the most fun in your opinion? We get 3 cars and 4 laps around the track with each.

Choices:
Lamborghini LP560-4
Ferrari F430
Dodge Viper SRT
Audi R8
911 Turbo
GTR

I've always had a hard on for the Viper so that's already selected.
TIA
robertcope
Tough. I'd probably go Viper, GTR, Lambo.
Aero95
AG
Ferrari, Lambo, 911 would be my list. Sounds like fun!
aTm2004
AG
911, GT-R, Ferrari.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
14TheRoad
AG
Viper, Lambo, 911
vansprinkle
AG
Ferrari, Viper, 911
An Ag in CO
AG
Lambo, Ferrari, 911
evan_aggie
AG
I've rented a GTR and an R8 v10 before around a Vegas track. Both were insanely fun. The GT-R felt like a warhorse with brute strength and fancy safety assists, whereas the R8 was a more balanced and smooth scalpel knifing around the track.

R8
GTR
Complete Idiot
I drove the Ferrari F430 when I was there, it was fun - but I don't think you can go wrong here. I kind of wish I had gone Lambo just because Countach was my childhood dream car, I could have at least said I drove a Lamborghini.
chimpanzee
Lamborghini
Viper
Ferrari

Complete Idiot
No to derail the thread, but a video on my HS dream car

sts7049
AG
man. tough choice.

i think i'd go with the viper. then the ferrari.
powerbelly
AG
Eminus6 said:

Viper, Lambo, 911
This.
aggieforester05
AG
I'd go

Viper, GTR, and 911 this time

I've already driven, the F430 and Gallardo on an autocross course. Otherwise, I'd pick those and the Viper in your place.

Also got a very high speed ride in a Murcielago LP 640 recently and it blew my mind.
aTm2004
AG
A lot of 911 love. My buddy had a GTS and a Turbo S for a while, and I got to drive both. I liked the GTS more overall, but the Turbo S was insanely fast. I punched it on the Dallas Autobahn one time when a M5 wanted to play, and I went from 60 to about 130 in a flash. M5 didn't want any part of that. My friend who owned them also liked the GTS more because he felt the suspension was better than the Turbo S, which he thought could have been the extra weight of the S.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
moore42
AG
Just think about how many mustangs you could test drive for what you are spending to test drive any of those.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Thanks for the feedback. My FIL has a 911 and it's fun but I've been there done that already...

I opted for the Viper, Ferrari, and GT-R. I'm pumped!
aggiebq03+
Which one has had an LS swap?
I'd pick that one three times.
Complete Idiot
Complete Idiot
https://exoticsracing.com/?utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Newsletter&utm_source=Send_Grid&utm_term=NA&utm_medium=Email
aggieforester05
AG
My problem is that I want to drive them all.
VitruvianAg
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Hey! '72 BMW 3 Liter Coupe has the same Hella LP lights on the bumper like that!
aggieforester05
AG
Complete Idiot said:

I've been thinking that a cool spin off of this business, would be a drive your dream car setup with vintage cars that people grew up idolizing or reasonable cars that the average guy could possibly own but want to try on a track.

A lineup Something like this:

Lamborghini Countach
Lamborghini Diablo
Ferrari Testarosa
Ferrari 355
Lotus Esprit
Porsche 911 Turbo Air Cooled
Porsche 997 GT3 Manual
BMW M3 E46
BMW M5 V10
Mercedes SL55 AMG
Mercedes SL65 AMG
Dodge Viper 1st Gen
Chevrolet C6 Z06
Cobra Kit Car
Ford GT40 Kit Car
Hemi Cuda*
Plymouth Roadrunner*
Chevelle 454SS*
Camaro Z28*
Pontiac GTO*
Mustang Boss 302*
Mustang Boss 429*
Mustang GT350
Mustang GT 500*
Pantera*
Supra TT
300ZX TT
Nissan R34 Skyline
3000 GT VR-4
Mazda RX-7 Turbo
Ford Lightning Gen 2
Ford Mustang Terminator Cobra

(*Probably a non numbers matching replica, that's close to the original)
AggieDruggist89
AG
Ferrari, 12 laps.
Pepper Brooks
AG
So this happened yesterday and it was badass. I'd recommend DriveXotic if you're interested in doing something like this.

https://drivexotic.com/

I drove the Viper, Ferrari, and Lambo after a last minute switch away from the GTR based on the feedback of the guys at the track. The viper was pure American beast mode(my favorite)... the Ferrari was a close second and the exhaust note nearly gave me a woody... the lambo was cool but I wasn't nearly as impressed after doing the first two. They just took delivery of two 2017 Mclaren 570s that looked awesome but the price difference made us shy away from them.

Photos are incoming... I also have a video of my brother taking the Ferrari off-roading after hitting a curb at about 120 mph but I'm going to keep that to myself.

Pepper Brooks
AG

Brother with the R8.

KY AG
AG
Looks like fun. Congrats.
clintaggie04
AG
Are they all automatics?
Pepper Brooks
AG
All of them but the Viper. I don't even really consider the Viper a manual since you end up leaving it in 3rd gear due to the insane range of the power band.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.