'14 F150 Tire Replacement

4,767 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Boro Ag 2000
RynoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for new tires for my 2014 F150 4x4. I'm not interested in lifting/leveling my truck these days, but still want an AT that will fill out the wheel well better than the stockers.

Options: Increase to a 285/55r20
Great experience with the BFG AT KO's on my old truck, but damn, they're proud of them
Good experience with the Cooper AT3's
No personal experience with the Michelin LTX AT2, but I've heard great things. Would probably just assume pay the ~$20 extra/tire for the BFG's

Cooper Zeon LTZ's also caught my eye as another alternative, but they aren't available in the 285. Would a 275/60r20 work as it's 1.1" taller? What about a 305/50r20 as it's 1.2" wider?

Any feedback or other options I'm not considering would be great. TIA

Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Get the BFG AT KO2's and don't look back.

LTX AT2 are great tires as well. A little bit less aggressive on the tread pattern but still a great choice.

The Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 2's also receive good remarks on this board.

Toyo Open Country AT is another solid option.

If I were buying new tires today, I'd stick with one of those choices.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
The new nitto ridge grapplers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BFG AT>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else
NWE
AG
I put Nitto Crossteks on my 14 boost. Happy with them. Just aggressive enough for this city driver.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
RynoAg said:

Looking for new tires for my 2014 F150 4x4. I'm not interested in lifting/leveling my truck these days, but still want an AT that will fill out the wheel well better than the stockers.

Options: Increase to a 285/55r20
Great experience with the BFG AT KO's on my old truck, but damn, they're proud of them
Good experience with the Cooper AT3's
No personal experience with the Michelin LTX AT2, but I've heard great things. Would probably just assume pay the ~$20 extra/tire for the BFG's

Cooper Zeon LTZ's also caught my eye as another alternative, but they aren't available in the 285. Would a 275/60r20 work as it's 1.1" taller? What about a 305/50r20 as it's 1.2" wider?

Any feedback or other options I'm not considering would be great. TIA

Assuming you are running 275/55R20 right now.

I put 275/60R20 on a stock 2012 2WD 5.0L Supercrew with no issues. Filled out the wheel well a little better and looked nicer and I got a little taller tire.

I had a 2011 FX4 Ecoboost with 305/45R22s and it would rub at full lock against the plastic fender liner if there was someone in the passenger seat. Not the end of the world but just had to be careful.
chimpanzee
I am running 275/60/20's on my F150 4x4, it looks better than the stock 275/55's and are much cheaper than the 285/55's.
RynoAg
AG
Thanks for all the feedback!

Yes, currently running 275/55r20's. Leaning towards the 275/60r20's now - better price and more selection. Now to decide between the tried and true BFGs or something different. Hmmmm...
Boats and Hose
AG
What did you decide on? I'm most likely going to have to replace my tires this week. I run the standard 275/55/20s on my '14 f150 but I'm looking at adding either 275/60/20s or 275/65/20s. Currently thinking about the Cooper Discoverer ATPs. I think 65 is as high as I can go.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
275/65R20 is what HD trucks run, so they will all be E rated and cost a lot more.

275/60R20 IMO looks really nice on Fords and makes the wheel well filled out a lot nicer
GarlandAg2012
AG
275/60R20 Michelin LTX AT2s checking in. Only had em a couple months but definitely like the look and ride so far.
Boats and Hose
AG
Went with the Cooper Discoverer ATPs at 275/60/r20. Definitely fill out the wheel well a bit better than the stock tires.
BrazosDog02
AG
Boats and Hose said:

Went with the Cooper Discoverer ATPs at 275/60/r20. Definitely fill out the wheel well a bit better than the stock tires.
I put these on my truck because of cost, and frankly, I find them to be a better tire for performance than the BFG KO2 I have on my other truck. I was surprised. I'll probably switch over to these completely. They aren't THAT much cheaper, at least in E Range, but they perform considerably better in mud and sand as per my experience.
RynoAg
AG
Awesome! Been traveling a bit more lately so I've been able to push off my purchase. Planning to go with 275/60R20 Toyo Open Country AT2s. Let us know how you like the Coopers.
Thanks for the review BD02!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
WIll probably go with 35X12.50R20 Terra Grappler G2, Dura Grappler or RIdge Grappler on the PXLatinum after I put the leveling kit.
AG
Glad to see this thread, I'm in the market but for a 2014 silverado 1500 Z71 with a level. Also leaning toward Cooper Discoverer ATP 275/60/20 but am not sure how aggressive they will look. Currently have aging 275/55/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's it's a great tire but looks so small. I like the KO2's but would like to save a few bucks as they are priced at $275 a tire vs. $187 for the coopers.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
OnlyForNow as the Cooper AT3s and I think they look good and have worn quite well for him. I'll let him chime in when he sees this.
TexAgg10
AG
I just picked up some 275/70/18 Ridge Grapplers for the '13 FX4. I wanted to go with the bigger 295s, but discount was out of stock . Regardless, I love these tires already. Much more aggressive looking in person than I expected, and almost silent on the road (quieter than my old BFG KOs).
RynoAg
AG
Pulled the trigger today on the Toyo Open Country AT2s in 275/60/20. Fills out the wheel well nicely!

tamc91
AG
I have a 4x2 2014 F150.
Sam's and others are running deals on Goodyear AT Adventurers that is comparable to Coopers in price. Consumer reviews seem pretty good (4-4.5). 60K warranty.

Anyone on TA have experience with these tires?
Silvy
AG
In general, Goodyear tires are not reliable. Cooper over them every time.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
silverado_lover said:

In general, Goodyear tires are not reliable. Cooper over them every time.
X2

Their QC is too inconsistent to recommend.
tamc91
AG
Anybody run the Kumho Road Venture AT's.
Based on reviews they improved their quality issues and Tire Rack has them rates as high as BFG's and Michelin AT options for <$30-$40 / tire.

Ranked close to but slightly higher than the Coopers at about the same price point. The tread pattern looks like it might a little quieter on the highway. Most of my miles are highway, but I need good mud traction in hunting season and occasional ski trips.
BlueSmoke
Coopers!
Nobody cares. Work Harder
jakester03
AG
Does going to the 275/60/20 throw off the speedometer at all?

Are we still liking the Destination LE2 for 95% highway/city driving?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
jakester03 said:

Does going to the 275/60/20 throw off the speedometer at all?

Are we still liking the Destination LE2 for 95% highway/city driving?
Slightly.

275/60R20 may put you 2mph off at 60/65 mph.

LE2s are my pick.
ARKY AGGIE
AG
If anyone is considering Nitto's might as well buy the Toyo. Toyo makes the Nitto's. Cooper and Mastercraft tires about equal, with Cooper being the better tire. Cooper makes Mastercraft. Mastercraft is a good alternative to buying a Cooper. They are both made in the same plants. I have Mastercraft tires on all my vehicles.

i have some customers that are really happy with the Mastercraft MXT(mud tire). I have one customer, that does a lot of highway driving, and he has put at least 40,000 miles on a set of MXT's. Not too bad for a mud tire.
Boro Ag 2000
AG
1ags,

Recommendations for a 2wd 2014 F150?

Current size is 265-60R18

Thanks in advance!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Boro Ag 2000 said:

1ags,

Recommendations for a 2wd 2014 F150?

Current size is 265-60R18

Thanks in advance!
Depends on rear axle ratio.

If you have 3.15 and ecoboost, I'd stay the same size. Only because it makes the step off a little miserable unless you mash it.

if you have anything else. 275/65R18 fills out the wheel wells much better.
Boro Ag 2000
AG
It has the 5.0. Almost positive it is 3.31 but it could be 3.55.

Any specific brand recs or any to avoid?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Boro Ag 2000 said:

It has the 5.0. Almost positive it is 3.31 but it could be 3.55.

Any specific brand recs or any to avoid?
Then you're good.

If you keep the stock wheels, the 275/65R18s are the way to go.

Just beware in this category there is a E rated tire for heavy duty trucks, which you don't need and cost more.

My solid pick here would be a Firestone Destination LE2 if you dont need an aggressive tread.
Boro Ag 2000
AG
Thanks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.