Honda Ridgeline?

2,615 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by barney94
LihaiAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol ok I know not the most manly of trucks (if you want to call it a truck).

The thing is right now, I'm not hauling anything and drive in the city more than anything with the occasional trip off-road somewhere. I like the idea of convenience and practicality of a bed and comfort of a small suv.

Anyone owned one of these or know about them? Anything I should be aware of?
3rd Platoon
AG
Go with a Chevy Colorado instead.
---------------------------------------
aka Commander 99 and "The Fake Dave South"
MouthBQ98
AG
They're not so pretty but they are practical and reliable.
LihaiAg06
AG
Let me also say I have two kids that need car seats so I like that the Ridgeline has the best in class back seat room.
SteveA
AG
It's probably the best option for what you want.
evan_aggie
AG
3rd Platoon said:

Go with a Chevy Colorado instead.

Very different vehicle imo.
chimpanzee
If you are in the market for something like a Honda Pilot, but don't need the third row and more often haul stuff that would stink up and/or soil the interior than you haul big stuff that you want to lock up, that's the Ridgeline's practical niche. I'd be a good candidate as an owner myself, but I went with the groupthink and bought an F150, which is a great vehicle, but I've only used the extra capability of the F150 over a Ridgeline probably 3 times in two years. YRMV.
BigPuma
AG
as said in another thread.... EL ACCORDO
chimpanzee
BigPuma said:

It's a butched up Subaru Outback Baja! I'm getting old and weird and things like this make sense to me.
wxguy95
AG
Co-worker bought one and loves it. Ride is very car-like while giving him the light utility capability he needs.
Ag for Life
AG
They are extremely practical but almost as ugly as a Pontiac Aztek
SteveA
AG
They don't look like a typical truck, but they look a lot better with different tires/wheels. And if you aren't towing anything, they make more sense than any other truck that a white collar guy can buy.
IDAGG
AG
The reality is it meet the needs of about 80% of truck owners. Unless you are towing, hauling large/heavy objects or doing serious 4 wheeling (dirt roads don't count), they are dang practical.
The Wonderer
AG
The El Accordo is good at what it is, but do not confuse it for what it is not.
The Wonderer
AG
BigPuma said:

f burg ag
AG
Shut your mouth! Doug DeMuro told me the Aztek was cool again....
Mookie
AG
I work in automotive and have driven a ridgeline for over 5 years. I don't really give a **** what others think about my transportation. I give up a demo vehicle because this fits my needs. I love it, as most have said, it is practical for what it is:
1. An AWD vehicle
2. Short bed (but no wheel wells)
3. Lockable trunk
4. Large backseat for a small truck
5. Utilitarian interior and mechanicals (less to go wrong)
6. It's a Honda

Happy to answer any questions via email or this thread.
Goat Man
AG
Mookie shut this ***** thread down. I'm with you man drive what you want. I currently drive an Accord and am considering buying the El Accordo for my next vehicle. An added bonus is it will confound all of my F150 and Silverado driving buddies that will not understand how I can possibly drive a minivan/truck-let.
ursusguy
AG
Actually owned 2 Ridgelines. I did periodically pull trailers with them, and they pulled beter than my Ram 1500 or Taco before the Ridgelines. Heck, even took my '11 on an elk hunt last year. Yes, very practical. Except an occasional clearance issues, I took then Ridgelines eveywhere I took the 4wd Taco before. If it was purely a traction issue, they did great (I'm a wildlife biologist and do a lot of on site consultations on ranches). When when I went from the '06 to the '11, I actually looked at the Colorado, but the backseat sucked royally. Frankly, on snow and ice, the Ridgeline is borderline boring to drive. I have a F150 now, but it is only because I have a large 8 year old and his knees where about to become an issue.....and I really don't like the new design.

Though I like my F150, I've had way more issues (well, one big one) than I ever had with the Ridgelines. Other than maintenance, I never had a mechanical issue in 7 years.
Macarthur
Agree with all the comments about it fitting most truck owners needs. They are great vehicles.

My only issue is that I really don't like the new styling. The old styling wasn't the greatest, but it did have somewhat of a unique and 'tough' look to it. Just don't like the look of the new one.
Mookie
AG
Agreed on the new styling. I tried to like but I can't.
longeryak
The Wonderer said:

The El Pilomino is good at what it is, but do not confuse it for what it is not.

Fify
LihaiAg06
AG
I think this idea is pretty much shot now that I've rralized I can get a new 2018 Silverado LT for the same price. Sorry El Accordo...it was fun while it lasted.

Speaking of the Silverado, $32,000 a good deal? I can't get my head around this when the MSRP is $45,895.
GarlandAg2012
AG
That would be 30% off MSRP, so yeah that seems like a great deal. Is that for real?
SquirrellyDan
AG
I tested Ridglines, Tacomas, and GMC Canyon/Chevy Colorados. I ended up with the GMC....tows anything I'd ever need it to, plenty roomy, good gas mileage. I put a bed cover on the back (Bakflip MX4) and I love it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the "compact" trucks.
SteveA
AG
Tell me more about a $32k LT.
Picard
AG
SteveA said:

Tell me more about a $32k LT.

What you've never seen a unicorn before?

I'd believe $37,500

barney94
AG
It can be done.

I bought a new Silverado LT in 2015 at this time of year (bare bones LT, manual seat, Texas Edition) for $31,500.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.