Replacing a bad PCM

1,127 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
TTUArmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The daughter's school car, 2003 Dodge Neon, has a bad PCM. I don't think there is anything to changing it out. However, the replacement PCM is something which needs programmed by the dealership.

My question

Does anyone have experience buying and installing an aftermarket PCM which is a pre-programmed with the VIN and mileage of the current vehicle? If so, can you point me to a source? TIA!
sts7049
AG
wouldn't a bad pcm total an 03 neon?
TTUArmy
sts7049 said:

wouldn't a bad pcm total an 03 neon?
According to the KBB, you are absolutely correct.

However, I'm absolutely guilty of keeping a car around way past it's usual expiration date. I'm a maintenance freak above all other things. It's the same with guns, lawn care, checkbook reconciliation, etc. I also love working on cars. This just happens to be a particular part that I have never had go out on me before. A new experience to be sure.

At any rate, this little car is a diamond. My daughter loves it, it rides good, it gets great gas mileage, it's been incredibly dependable. I can't see a reason to send this ol' horse to the glue factory yet when the engine and transmission still run like a top.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Did you try Sia Electronics? They have an exchange program.....
TTUArmy
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Thanks for the info. I scoured around on the Internet for a pre-programmed PCM to replace the faulty one and ordered it - $185 with two day shipping. I hope it works. I'll let you guys know the results - good or bad.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
TTUArmy said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Thanks for the info. I scoured around on the Internet for a pre-programmed PCM to replace the faulty one and ordered it - $185 with two day shipping. I hope it works. I'll let you guys know the results - good or bad.
From Sia? or somewhere else?

I've bought a few for various Dodge products over the years from them.

Generally quick and good service.
TTUArmy
1agswitchin4lanes said:

TTUArmy said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

It wasn't SIA Electronics although I did take a look at them. I purchased a PCM from All Computer Resources, Inc.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
TTUArmy said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

TTUArmy said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

It wasn't SIA Electronics although I did take a look at them. I purchased a PCM from All Computer Resources, Inc.
TTUArmy
Just wanted to follow up.

I paid $148.99 for a rebuilt PCM from allcomputerresources.com. I spoke to a guy named George and gave him the mileage and VIN number. It did take 6 days for them to program, test, ship and arrive at my home. I installed it and the old Neon is cranking along again.

Daughter is happy.

Due to the two day shipping not being feasible, they refunded the shipping.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
TTUArmy said:

Just wanted to follow up.

I paid $148.99 for a rebuilt PCM from allcomputerresources.com. I spoke to a guy named George and gave him the mileage and VIN number. It did take 6 days for them to program, test, ship and arrive at my home. I installed it and the old Neon is cranking along again.

Daughter is happy.

Due to the two day shipping not being feasible, they refunded the shipping.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.